Author Topic: vista theatre halloween party  (Read 9563 times)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Re: vista theatre halloween party
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2006, 07:57:38 PM »
To see the winner of the Barnabas Collins look-alike contest in costume-- Wally Wingert, an actor/voice actor, click

I'm confused, were these pics of Wally taken at the Vista event?  'Cause KLS and LP aren't in their costumes, and Chris and John are there.  I thought they were no-shows.   [hdscrt]
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2006, 08:00:22 PM »
I'm confused, were these pics of Wally taken at the Vista event?  'Cause KLS and LP aren't in their costumes, and Chris and John are there.  I thought they were no-shows.   [hdscrt]
He and his entourage showed up at the last California Festival. That's where those photos were taken.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2006, 08:15:19 PM »
I have to ask, did Barbara Steele sign any autographs? (He doth ask with baited breath...)

MichaelĀ  [hall_rolleyes]

PS: Can Jim invite her to another DS festival, canhe,canhe,canhe....!!!!
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2006, 08:51:09 PM »
I'm sorry for all the newbie questions today, but can someone explain to me the nature of Jim Pierson's role within the DS universe or with Dan Curtis Productions? Was he a DS fan who got involved with Dan's production company, or was he a Dan Curtis Productions employee who was put in charge of all the DS marketing? Inquiring minds and all that...
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2006, 09:03:47 PM »
He rules the known Universe, and dammit, if he makes you stand in a line for two hours, it's for your OWN good!

Got that one down yet?

G.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2006, 09:09:10 PM »
He rules the known Universe, and dammit, if he makes you stand in a line for two hours, it's for your OWN good!

And apparently he didn't want anyone to leave before Nancy Barrett's show, told ppl, FORCEFULLY, to sit down, suggesting he would have made ppl stay even if they didn't want to.   [hall2_rolleyes]
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2006, 09:15:03 PM »
Okay, so not super popular here. But seriously, any background info?
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2006, 09:28:20 PM »
My understanding is, he was a fan, who ended up taking over the Fests, then at some point after (I think) went to work for DCP.
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2006, 09:33:56 PM »
Oh, please, please, PLEASE somebody post a picture of David Selby from this event!!!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2006, 09:37:42 PM »

David Selby's entrance sounds great!  If someone has a pic of him in the Quentin getup I'd really enjoy seeing it too!

TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2006, 10:36:12 PM »
My understanding is, he was a fan, who ended up taking over the Fests, then at some point after (I think) went to work for DCP.

Yes, Marcy Robin, Kathy Resch and Maria Barbosa started the DS Festivals in the early 80s.  Barbosa was the chairperson and when she stepped down after 3 years, the other two suggested Pierson and he ended up taking her place.  He started working for DCP after that.

And...

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2006, 11:53:41 PM »
yes jim started working for dc in the early 90s. i have speculation of how he got to work for him. i cant prove it so i cant post it cause i know my comments will be removed. but in the late 80s many fans including myself got cease and desist letters from dcp lawyers. this was for selling tapes of the show and t-shirts with characters from the show on them and other fan created merchandise. remember there was no mpi created merchandise or video releases back then. so us fans were keeping ds alive.

[edited by mod]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2006, 12:13:31 AM »
From the Forum Guidelines, which must be agreed to as a condition of registration:

7. These boards are not forums for the spreading of gossip or innuendo, or the defaming of the DS actors' private lives. Comment on their public behavior, whether it be a personal appearance or in the course of some other form of public exposure (i.e. a talk show, Fest appearance, etc.) is perfectly acceptable, however.

innuendo:  a hinted at or veiled reflection on a person's reputation or character

I have to ask, did Barbara Steele sign any autographs? (He doth ask with baited breath...)

I couldn't tell you if she sat at the autograph table (see reply #8  [hall2_rolleyes]) but I asked her to sign a photo of her as Dr. Hoffman and she was very gracious and friendly.  I was tickled crimson.

Switching reels again, I was trying to figure out why I'm not feeling the same disappointment about the evening as ProfStokes and joe integlia.  Then it hit me-- duh, it's because my expectations about the scheduled events were so low.  The last ShadowGram had already downgraded the musical portion so far that I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd just played a music CD while Robert Cobert sat in the audience (and I was half right).  I hadn't seen the tribute to Dan Curtis, and I'm glad I got to see his Emmy presentation and speech, but I knew at the recent Fest that I'd have numerous chances to see it.  The [ShadowGram] promise of a "big-screen presentation of unusual DS material" seemed suspect to me as well, and I'm sorry, but the NoDS trailer and blooper reel do not qualify.  I even debated blowing off the evening, but decided that catching up with friends, some that I hadn't seen in a year or more, made it worth being there, plus I wanted to meet Barbara Steele, and for those reasons the night didn't disappoint.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2006, 01:39:54 AM »
I asked her to sign a photo of her as Dr. Hoffman and she was very gracious and friendly.  I was tickled crimson.

I have a photo that she signed for me back in the '90s - and I've been tickled crimson about the experience too.  [hall2_wink]

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2006, 02:33:55 AM »
Here are two entries from a different blogger about the event. Behold the Selbyness:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=45444181&blogID=185629752

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=45444181&blogID=185484980

The post with the photo is titled "Oh My God!" This is a woman after my own heart.  [hall2_grin]

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)