Author Topic: OT: The return of the Count!  (Read 889 times)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
OT: The return of the Count!
« on: October 27, 2006, 04:48:00 AM »
They just did a news segment on Washington DC's own Count Gore De Vol on the local news up here.  He is appearing at a theater in Fairfax, VA where he's hosting Night of the Living Dead tomorrow night (10/27)!  His alter ego, Captain 20, will also make a rare appearance at this theater the next day, Saturday the 28th. 

From the Count's website:  I will be hosting the "Spooky Movie Film Festival" on Friday night, October 27 and Captain 20 will be making a rare personal appearance at this festival on Saturday morning, October 28.

Full details can be found here http://www.thespookymovie.com/  if anyone in Northern VA is interested in going.
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: OT: The return of the Count!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 07:10:29 PM »
Hey Buzz, I watched Gore de Vol's show Creature Feature almost religiously back in the Seventies.  Unfortunately, let's just say I was NOT a fan of his various routines, though in memory they seem quaint and even a bit amusing.  The rubber chicken stuff did really get to me (and I wasn't even a vegetarian back then--it's just, nothing makes one quite so tired as an attempt to eke humor out of a latex fowl).

The other show I used to watch regularly was Ghost Host, which was hilarious because it was the same little videotape of the guy mucking around with his test tubes with a voiceover tailored to whatever film was running. As I recall it, Ghost Host came on at 1 a.m. right after Creature Feature but on a different station--Channel 45, maybe?

I very occasionally watched Sir Graves Ghastly out of Philadelphia and was delighted to see some old clips of his show on his website.  Come to think of it, nearly all of the surviving Horror Hosts seem to have web presences now.

cheers, Gothique

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: OT: The return of the Count!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 01:37:41 AM »
Svengoolie gets pelted with a brace, or gaggle, or a whole veritable shitload of rubber chickens.  I'm a non-meat-eater so the effect is somewhat blunted for me, but if a joke don't work, jack it up ten times further.   It works.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor