Author Topic: Another pic question  (Read 816 times)

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Another pic question
« on: October 27, 2006, 03:41:47 AM »
What is with the shots of Frid in 1795 clothing hanging around the REAL Old House? He's standing inside, outside, there's snow on the ground...(these pics are on the front and back cover of the Companion - 25th anniversary edition), and I think the pic on the front of the Millenium edition of the Almanac is from the same shoot. I think Volume 7 of the DVDs also features a pic from this. What are they from?
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Re: Another pic question
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 04:11:15 AM »
They're simply publicity shots done for the show.  They took Frid up to Lyndhurst for a photo shoot at the now burned down Spratt House, aka The Old House.  He told a funny story once about how either the car's battery died or they got stuck in the snow, can't remember the details, but they were all out pushing the car and here he is in his costume and the local cops show up!  Needless to say, the cops eyed Jonathan strangely and he had to explain why he was in that get-up!   [hall2_cool]
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 04:56:44 AM »
Perhaps he could've said he was part of the dreadful hippie's that were living in the woods of the Collins estate? <grin>

[female_skull]
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 08:42:58 AM »
The photos were taken for the express purpose of the Marilyn Ross novel covers.  The shots taken were from inside and outside the Spratt House [obviously before it was burned down in 1969].  Frid talked about the shoot a few times at the festivals and also tells a funny story about some teenagers who showed up with an older brother.  The teenagers just knew that Barnabas lived there and the brother went along to prove to them that he didn't.  What a surprise he got when they arrived!!

Nancy

What is with the shots of Frid in 1795 clothing hanging around the REAL Old House? He's standing inside, outside, there's snow on the ground...(these pics are on the front and back cover of the Companion - 25th anniversary edition), and I think the pic on the front of the Millenium edition of the Almanac is from the same shoot. I think Volume 7 of the DVDs also features a pic from this. What are they from?

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 04:43:08 PM »
Awesome. Thank you so much!
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS