Author Topic: Did You Notice?  (Read 4560 times)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Did You Notice?
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2006, 06:50:47 PM »
I still can't believe I did a post about pigtails.
I'm looking forward to reading your views on topknots.

I expect the research process to be protracted and gruelling, so this may take some time.    I do my homework.  What's a topknot?     Jeeves, what's a topknot?   (LOL... at your post that is, I'm not applauding my own crap here!)
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2006, 12:11:25 AM »
From dictionarydotcom:
topknot
1.   a tuft of hair growing on the top of the head.     
2.   hair fashioned into a knob or ball on top of the head.    
3.   a tuft or crest of feathers on the head of a bird.    
4.   a knot or bow of ribbon worn on the top of the head.    

I watched Anna and the King a couple of weeks back (yes, I'm behind the times, still haven't seen all the episodes of a barely-remembered 60's soap opera, let alone movies from the past decade) and all the little Siamese children had topknots, with circlets of pearls (or something) around them.  Might have been sort of cute on Bruno.

Back to the original topic: I watched the infamous episode 766 a week ago, before the stairless scene had been isolated, and didn't noticed the lack of stairs.  Watched it again yesterday, and there it was - or, rather, there it wasn't.  It's wonderful what gaps your mind will fill in for you.  I did notice, a week ago, that the sound in the Old House living room seemed more cavernous than usual - but that's as far as I got.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2006, 03:54:31 AM »
Lydia... thank you.    Does a mohawk count?   How about the 3 strands of hair on top of Homer Simpson's head?

I just spontaneously and unintentionally imagined cutting from the shot of confused Magda walking around in the empty space created by the lack of stairway, straight to a shot of Widow's Hill, just as the Old House staircase hurls itself off the edge, somehow screaming all the way down, until the cry is stilled when we hear splintering wood.

Magda was thinking, "Oh NO!  I hope it's not planning to do anything rash...!"

The reason?   I don't know, mid-life crisis.    Maybe it wanted to be at one with The Pen, but got there too early.

(All jokes about 1966 may be inaccurate... I've never seen it.)
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2006, 07:14:36 PM »
I just spontaneously and unintentionally imagined cutting from the shot of confused Magda walking around in the empty space created by the lack of stairway, straight to a shot of Widow's Hill, just as the Old House staircase hurls itself off the edge, somehow screaming all the way down, until the cry is stilled when we hear splintering wood.

Magda was thinking, "Oh NO!  I hope it's not planning to do anything rash...!"

The reason?   I don't know, mid-life crisis.    Maybe it wanted to be at one with The Pen, but got there too early.   

(All jokes about 1966 may be inaccurate... I've never seen it.)

OH-MY-GOD! This was so funny that it had potential to be soda-through-nose funny, if soda had've been near to me at that time. I can just imagine Barnabas regailling Vicki and Carolyn about the legend of the Old House staircase throwing itself over Widows Hill because it couldn't take everyone walking all over it anymore. It HAD to STAND UP for itself. lol. And now, everytime we hear the widow's wail with stair-creaking sounds, we know the staircase is coming back after us. Perhaps there's a fanfic there? An evil staircase driven mad by being walked all over.

MWUAHAHAHAHAH! ;D
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran