Author Topic: Donna McKechnie  (Read 1620 times)

Offline Shadowsfan

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Donna McKechnie
« on: October 16, 2006, 05:36:07 PM »
I had the pleasure to see her at the DS Festival in August  and also this October at a book signing at  Barnes &  Noble  Lincoln Center  in NYC .  Very friendly  toward the fans and took the time to sign autographs for a few hours and read excerpts from her autobiography in addition to performing.  She has truly discovered the formula for not aging or has a painting hidden  [hall2_wink]

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
Re: Donna McKechnie
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 07:09:30 PM »
I had the pleasure to see her at the DS Festival in August  and also this October at a book signing at  Barnes &  Noble  Lincoln Center  in NYC .  Very friendly  toward the fans and took the time to sign autographs for a few hours and read excerpts from her autobiography in addition to performing.  She has truly discovered the formula for not aging or has a painting hidden  [hall2_wink]
Well of course, her painting WAS done by Charles Delaware Tate. (...but I thought it was destoyed by some zombies around 1970, under the direction of Gerard Stiles, but I could be wrong.)
 [skull_winks]
Michael  [hall2_wink]
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 01:39:30 AM »
Michael... because the house was trashed?   And Quentin's?    And 1970 never happened!

It always bothered me that amanda was supposed to need another way to survive to a hundred when she already had a Tate portrait.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline sheenasma

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Sheena
    • View Profile
    • NancyMck's Dark Shadows Events
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 12:39:08 PM »
Quote from: MagnusTrask
It always bothered me that amanda was supposed to need another way to survive to a hundred when she already had a Tate portrait.

It always bothered me that she survived 30 seconds
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau

Screw Thoreau - sheenasma
GHP

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 02:21:26 PM »
I have heard nothing but nice things about her personally....from what I have seen she does seem very warm and friendly indeed.

As a character Amanda really wasn't all that bad.....it's just that I (and the majority on the forum) feel that pairing her with Quentin was a mistake and a slap in the face to all the Quentin and Beth fans. The writers should have let Amanda walk into the sunset with Tim Shaw....she was much more interesting with him.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 03:28:28 PM »
It always bothered me that she survived 30 seconds

[laughing4] [stfl]  ROTFLMAOPIMP!!!!!!!  Don't hold back Sheenasma, tell us how you REALLY feel!!   

I have heard nothing but nice things about her personally....from what I have seen she does seem very warm and friendly indeed.

She was indeed VERY nice, as was Betsy Durkin.  I said a while back that it was ironic to me that the two actresses who either played a character we all hated, or replaced an actress we all loved and was therefore doomed to fail in our eyes were two of the NICEST DS stars around.   [hall2_wink]

As a character Amanda really wasn't all that bad.....it's just that I (and the majority on the forum) feel that pairing her with Quentin was a mistake and a slap in the face to all the Quentin and Beth fans. The writers should have let Amanda walk into the sunset with Tim Shaw....she was much more interesting with him.

ITA w/this, she was MUCH better w/Tim, had better chemistry w/Don than she did w/David.
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Shadowsfan

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 06:49:50 PM »
I thought Amanda was much prettier than Beth.  Just watch a scene from 1897 when Quentin and Amanda gaze into each other's eyes before a passionate kiss.. She brought out a more tender side of the Q man who always had his way with the beautiful women  the lucky guy.  [hall2_cool]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 09:13:36 PM »

DS is about things going horribly, tragically wrong.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 09:22:19 PM »
DS is about things going horribly, tragically wrong.
Yet I found Amanda Harris' demise to be wonderfully right. [hall2_grin] I know a few people who were clapping at the scene during the recent Festival for reasons other than their admiration of Donna McKechnie.  [hall2_wink]

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)