Author Topic: Vengeance at Collinwood  (Read 1170 times)

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Vengeance at Collinwood
« on: October 11, 2006, 09:46:48 PM »
"Vengeance at Collinwood" was the second reader's style theater performance of a Dark Shadows play.  Unlike "Return to Collinwood", this one was not released as a CD.  Its my understanding that it was recorded though.  Does anyone know why it was not released?  Do you all think there is a demand for a totally live DVD of this performance? I for one, feel a need to have it.  Its now the only totally "lost" episode of Dark Shadows. Incidentally, I'd also like to have the performance of the Art Wallace piliot as well.

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
Re: Vengeance at Collinwood
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 10:05:16 PM »
Unlike "Return to Collinwood", this one was not released as a CD.  Its my understanding that it was recorded though.  Does anyone know why it was not released?
There was no studio recording session. No recording exists that would be suitable for a CD release. My understanding is that those involved in the editing process for the CD release of Return to Collinwood were not in a position to commit the same amount of time to preparing a second CD release; therefore, no release of Jamison Selby's second radio drama to CD was ever planned.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeance at Collinwood
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 08:31:02 PM »
There was no studio recording session. No recording exists that would be suitable for a CD release. My understanding is that those involved in the editing process for the CD release of Return to Collinwood were not in a position to commit the same amount of time to preparing a second CD release; therefore, no release of Jamison Selby's second radio drama to CD was ever planned.

I would be satisfied with an unedited DVD release of the live performance.  I've heard from people at the Festival that there were video cameras recording the event.  Surely a special DVD release of this show would be possible.  If there's a demand, perhaps letters to MPI would help?