Author Topic: Top 10 episodes  (Read 2262 times)

IluvBarnabas

Top 10 episodes
« on: October 11, 2006, 02:53:02 PM »
What are you top 10 favorite episodes that you could watch again, and again? Here are my choices:

[spoiler]1.When Angelique the vampire bites Barnabas

2.When Barnabas bricks up Reverend Trask

3.Trask's ghost does the same to Barnabas

4.Judith reading the will saying she is now the mistress of Collinwood to the shock of her brothers

5.Angelique putting the vampire curse on Barnabas

6.Jason being strangled by Barnabas after opening his coffin

7.Judith and Tim Shaw bricking up Gregory Trask in Quentin's room

8.In 1840 after Angelique removed the curse Barnabas appears in the daytime to the shock of Gerard

9.Also 1840, Leticia and Desmond saying wedding vows in his cell before he's about to be executed along with Quentin.

10.Quentin's laughter and music heard all through the house after he forces the family to abandon Collinwood[/spoiler]

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Top 10 episodes
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 04:43:55 PM »
Those are all stellar moments to be sure ILB.  I can't think of 10 but one of my all time favs is and will always be...
[spoiler]When Amy and David hear the old telephone ringing, answer it, talk to Q and then realize that the cord isn't connected to anything.   Now THAT'S ghostly entertainment.[/spoiler]
[/color]
[hall_shocked]
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 04:50:30 PM »
What are you top 10 favorite episodes that you could watch again, and again?

You're limiting me to ONLY 10?!  Oh well, here goes:
[spoiler]10. Ang cursing Barn in 1795.
9.   Joshua telling Barn Jeremiah & Josette have gotten married.
8.   Barn. showing up at Collinwood in 1967 for the first time.
7.   Magda wise-assing Barn when he orders her & Sandor to move his coffin to the OH from the masoleum.
6.   Barn I-Chinging himself to 1840 & convincing Julia he's the 1970 Barn.
5.   Sarah's death.
4.   Sarah finally coming to Barn in 1967.
3.   Tower room scene btwn. Barn & Ang in 1897 (their first mtg. in 1897)
2.   Barn telling Julia "NEVER w/out you!" in 1995
1.   Bramwell & Catherine's reunion in 1841 PT

BONUS: Episode 1202 when Bram & Cath sleep together.
EXTRA BONUS: (you CAN'T just ask ME for ONLY 10, LOL!) When Cath tells Bram she's pregnant.[/spoiler]
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 05:24:45 PM »
I like the time the rabid pack of yapping Welsh corgis ran in and chased the werewolf all through Collinwood, around the mausoleum and then off Widows Hill.  Wait, no that was just the dream my dog Nigel had one night when we were watching the SciFi recording. He still loves that one.
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 05:53:28 PM »
I like the time the rabid pack of yapping Welsh corgis ran in and chased the werewolf all through Collinwood, around the mausoleum and then off Widows Hill.  Wait, no that was just the dream my dog Nigel had one night when we were watching the SciFi recording. He still loves that one.

[toothy9] [a1f5] [laughing4]
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 06:05:28 PM »
YIKES another great thread that's going to contain white boxes more than the written words!!  So I labelled this message Spoiler Alert ahead of time.  These are not in any particular order.

1. Maggie about to stake Barnabas but him waking up.
2. Trask being walled up in 1795.
3. Jason McGuire being "off" in present time!
4. Willie opening the coffin looking for jewels and finding his destiny.
5. Edith Collins, in 1897, recognizing Barnabas Collins for what his truly was.
6. Angelique as a vampire, biting and possesses Barnabas!!! [oh how sensual was that!!!!]
7. Burke finally confronting Roger for what HE did instead of Burke!
8. Just about every episode in 1795.
9. Bramwell "showing" Catherine how much he loved her, in his room.
10. There are so much episodes where they left wonderful cliffhangers that I can't even name.

I agree with Buzz, there are more than 10 so I guess we can come back and post again and again. ;)
[/size]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 07:54:07 PM »
Narrowing it down to 10 episodes is an impossible task for me, so I'm going to cheat a bit. Though even at that I'm still going to have leave off way too many favorites. I suppose I'll restrict myself to some of my favorites that haven't already been mentioned by others:

1967: Any scene involving Jason McGuire - I think he was an incredible character in a great non-supernatural storyline, and Dennis Patrick played him to perfection.

1967: Julia confronts Barnabas in her room when he tries to kill her.

1795/96: Naomi tells Joshua of Sarah death and both Sarah and Naomi's deaths in Barnabas' arms. Just heartbreaking.

1795/96: Joshua discovers the mad Millicent locked in the tower room - one of Nancy Barrett's most brilliant performances.

1968: Prof Stokes' first visit to the Old House in which he rambles on about the architecture and a drunken furniture maker. It's all absolutely priceless as Barnabas stands by anxious to get on with things.

1969: Maggie locked in the study as the possessed David and Amy laugh hysterically outside the door and tell her Quentin wants to meet her. This scene easily makes my list of the greatest moments on DS.

1897: Quentin writhes in agony while Laura glibly recounts the story of her "death" in Alexandria.

1970PT: Angelique revives and kills Alexis.

1995: Julia agonizes over having betrayed Barnabas' secret to the sheriff, and Barnabas forgiving her for having done so.

1840/41: Barnabas' declarations of love for Angelique as she lays dying in his arms. Say what you will about whether or not it makes sense, it's still a great scene.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 08:18:26 PM »
1968: Prof Stokes' first visit to the Old House in which he rambles on about the architecture and a drunken furniture maker. It's all absolutely priceless as Barnabas stands by anxious to get on with things.

OMG, that is one of the FUNNIEST one-liners from Stokes!  I too love that scene!   [hall_wink]  Barnabas looks so APPALLED that his furniture is insulted too.   [hall2_grin]
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 11:46:44 PM »
No it can't be narrowed down to ten so I will think of a few off the top of my head but know I will forget some of my favorites.

[spoiler]Burke forcing Roger's confession, what a mesermizing scene!
Willie pulling a knife on Burke at the Blue Whale and Burke cleaning his clock.
Willie and Barnabas' first scene together, when they arrive at the Old House and Willie doesn't want to go out. Barnabas ordering him to go NOW!
Liz and Jason's aborted wedding when she declares "I killed my husband Paul Stoddard and that man (Jason) was my accomplice!
Jason insisting on going down to the cellar of the Old House despite Willie's protests and getting his!
When Angelique cursed Barnabas.
When Barnabas walled up Trask, but before that when Barn's hand came at Trask and terrorized him!
When Barnabas offed Nathan Forbes, the scenes with Ben and Joshua prior to that, I LOVE THAT! And when Barnabas told him, "You can't kill me, I'm already dead!"
When Barnabas found out he was at least temporarily free of the curse when he saw daylight thanks to Dr. Lang.
Willie's dream curse.
The scene between Nicholas and Trask when Nicholas revived him.
When Barnabas caused Angelique to age.
Angelique vamping Barnabas.
Joe's horrible nightmare with Tom and Chris.
When Quentin tried to bribe Magda to remove the curse and she told him it starts tonight!
When Charity/Pansy scandalized her daddy Trask!
When Judith and Tim walled up Trask.
When Willie staked Megan.
When Angelique forced Alexis to take her place in the coffin.
When Angelique killed my sweet Will Loomis in the tower room for not being able to reveal Barn's secret.
The "never without you" moment in 1995.
Quentin's return in 1840, "Samantha I'm home!" after she's just married Gerard!
When Barnabas walked into the courtroom after a week of being behind the wall and shocked the heck out of Trask and Charles Dawson!
When Leticia and Desmond said their wedding vows in his cell, so sad and sweet!
When Quentin about to be beheaded said, "When I was born I saw the light of day and when I die I want to see the dark of night."
The romance of Kendrick and Melanie.[/spoiler]

I know I'm leaving a lot out.

Alondra

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 06:02:45 AM »
1. Little Sarah's ghost helps Maggie escape the Old House basement, with Barnabas in hot pursuit.
2. Julia's first showdown with Barnabas, when she reveals knowing what he is, but offers to help him.
3. Roger brings his new wife, Cassandra, home to meet the family. The looks on Vicki's, Elizabeth's, and Barnabas' faces say it all.
4. Time's running out for Cassandra, who is made mortal by Nicholas, and reverts to her true age - shortly after attempting to shoot Barnabas.
5. Willie gets Barnabas to admit his rarely spoken feelings for Julia, who's at the mercy of hungry vampire Tom Jennings.
6. Julia gets the hypodermic ready: Joe's reacting badly to having a dead vampire and a live werewolf for cousins.
7. Prof. Stokes performs an exorcism on Collinwood.
8. In 1897, Judith reads Edith's will to her stunned brothers.
9. Amy runs to Chris and Julia after seeing the horrific Leviathan creature at the Antique Shop.
10. Magda (1897) tells Barnabas to bite her, but Barn thinks it wiser they both call a truce and mourn the passing of Sandor.

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 07:02:32 AM »
10. Magda (1897) tells Barnabas to bite her, but Barn thinks it wiser they both call a truce and mourn the passing of Sandor.

I don't remember that scene.  Hmmm... :(

Offline verusselle

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 07:36:07 AM »
It's from Episode #798

"All right," she says, exposing her neck.  "Bite me.  Bite me now.  Let me be your slave, too, at least I will know then how Sandor felt those last months."  "No, Magda," says Barnabas sadly, "you will not kill me.  And I will not harm you.  We will grieve together."

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 08:28:55 AM »
Here goes, all are spoilers  No partictular Order.[spoiler]1. Angry Barn with Nathan Forbes, the table in the blue whale, and study and the arrow
2. Sarah Finding Barn in the mausoleum, and her death and Barn Holding her. Also when Sarah comes to Barn.
3. Barn running up the stairs, Naomi and the tower dying in Barns Arms repeat with Liz.
4. Julia and Barn in the Bedroom when he tries to kill her.
5. The never without you sceen, Julia and Willie Finding him in the wall, Barn sitting with Julia after he kills Tom and did admited to Willie he cares.
6.  Angelique killing Alexis, Barn stairing into Angeliques Portrait, Roger killing everone and Angelique killing Roger.
7.  Barnabas freeing Ben and tell Joshua to take care of him, and giving him the land.
8.  Angelique  growing old and dying in the Old house and then disappering.
9.  Willlie not wanting to give up Barn, and jumping out the window in the tower room.
10  1897 Barn meeting the Collins matriarch and she goes  you are the secret.[/spoiler]

There are so many.
[/glow][/b]
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 05:39:16 PM »
It's from Episode #798

OH thanks!  I vaguely remember that scene after reading this. I look forward to seeing this again, soon.  :)