Author Topic: Damsels In Distress  (Read 1404 times)

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Damsels In Distress
« on: April 29, 2002, 08:39:51 AM »
We all remember how Vicky was kidnapped & held captive against her will by Mathew Morgan. During the course of the series, there have been other gals who found themselves in the same predicament.[cryb] Some were tied up, some weren't, but all were held against their will.[scrm] Can anyone name who these unfortunate women were and who their abductor(s) were & what the circumstances were.  I enjoy reading all of Vam's trivia posts so I thought I'd try one of my own. :)
"Calamity Jane"

The Late Mrs. Collins

Re: Damsels In Distress
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2002, 09:36:06 AM »
SPOILERS

I'm not sure if I can remember all the details, but here goes.

Adam kidnaps Carolyn and holds her in a small shed on the estate.

Adam kidnaps Vicky at Nicholas' request and she's held at Nicholas' "house by the sea".

Willie kidnaps Maggie and keeps her in the masoleum for her own protection.

Dirk kidnaps Rachel in 1897 and holds her in, I think, the cellar of an abandoned house.  

Jeb Hawkes kidnaps Maggie during the Leviathan story.    I can't remember the exact place...a tomb? She was guarded by the zombie sheriff.

Jeb kidnapped Julia to try and force her to help him become human.

Bruno kidnapped Sabrina (and Carolyn? can't remember) and held her in a closet.  It was an attempt to trap Chris.

In PT, Maggie is kidnapped by John Yaeger and held in a cellar of a house.  

Also, in PT, Roxanne is used as Angelique's lifeforce, kept at the Stokes' house.

In 1840, Daphne is kidnapped by Gabriel and held in a deserted wing of the house.

In PT Stella is held prisoner by Julia and Flora Collins.

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2002, 01:07:43 PM »
SPOILERS...

On the orders of Petofi in 1897,  Aristede holds Angelique hostage in a cave. When a fire starts, he ends up saving her only to be knocked unconscious by Angelique, who escapes.

During 1840PT, Morgan Collins locks Catherine Harradige Collins in the Lottery Room after finding out that she is pregnate with Bramwell's child.

Also two Julia captures:
1970PT Angelique held Julia captive in the lower depths of Collinwood when she discovered that she was not Hoffman, her loyal servant. Roxanne sees were she is in a vision.

In order to taunt Barnabas in 1840, Angelique hides Julia Hoffmann in an abandon lighthouse. She is found by Barnabas, who noticed that Lazlo was wearing Julia's ring.

Wish I thought of this one-Good Topic Cassandra ;)
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2002, 01:58:22 PM »
Elizabeth was held 'captive' in faux death (I believe it was by Angie), in a coffin!!
Nora (and Jameson) were held captive in a burning room by their dear old mom :P

What a Woman!

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2002, 04:13:56 PM »
The one I remember most is Kate Jackson (as Daphne) being tied up by Gabriel because her gag fell off so she had to cling to it with her teeth.  Excellent blooper though.
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Donna

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2002, 01:55:26 AM »
How did Laura Collins die?  Can a Phoneix [sp] die by fire too?  Did she?  I don't remember.   ?!?
"The hardest act to follow is yourself."  Sir Paul McCartney  :-*

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Damsels in Distress
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2002, 03:00:26 AM »
How did Laura Collins die?  Can a Phoneix [sp] die by fire too?  Did she?  I don't remember.   ?!?

Donna, Laura burned herself up (and tried to burn up David along with her) in 1968 (or thereabouts) in the old fishing shack on the Collinwood estate. As a phoenix, she wants to do this, knowing she will be reborn and the cycle will begin again.

This was a great topic. I don't even remember who some of the characters are anymore (Dirk?!).  It seems like in the past, people used to lock people in rooms more. At least in old novels. I think they really did, though ... I remember my grandmother mentioning it.

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2002, 08:45:25 AM »
[quote/Vam wrote:

Wish I thought of this one-Good Topic Cassandra ;) [/quote]

Thanks Vam! :)

Everyone has such good responses!  How about Maggie Evans being held against her will by Barnabas when he tried to change her into his beloved Josette?
"Calamity Jane"

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2002, 01:00:03 PM »
Thanks Vam! :)

Everyone has such good responses!  How about Maggie Evans being held against her will by Barnabas when he tried to change her into his beloved Josette?

Curious that we tend not to  readily remember things that happen yesterday. While events that happened years ago, we easily pull from the recesses of our mind. ;)
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2002, 03:11:42 PM »
[spoiler]Also two Julia captures:
1970PT Angelique held Julia captive in the lower depths of Collinwood when she discovered that she was not Hoffman, her loyal servant. Roxanne sees were she is in a vision.

In order to taunt Barnabas in 1840, Angelique hides Julia Hoffmann in an abandon lighthouse. She is found by Barnabas, who noticed that Lazlo was wearing Julia's ring.[/spoiler]

One more Julia capture: [spoiler]in 1897 Aristede kidnaps Julia and takes her to Petofi who holds her captive to lure Barnabas into killing her.[/spoiler]

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2002, 07:50:28 AM »

Curious that we tend not to  readily remember things that happen yesterday. While events that happened years ago, we easily pull from the recesses of our mind. ;)

Vam, you are so right! LOL!
Im suprised that no body remembered how the Rev. Trask dragged Vicky out into the night and tied her up to that tree to see if she was a real witch or not? ;)
"Calamity Jane"