Author Topic: Angelique's Decent Apparently in Big Demand  (Read 1889 times)

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Angelique's Decent Apparently in Big Demand
« on: September 27, 2006, 03:31:04 PM »
I was purusing Amazon the other day - having a whistful look at my way too long "Wish List".  In the meantime, I decided to treat myself and order Lara Parker's "The Salem Branch".  While I was searching I happened to notice what I at least think is a really bizzare thing - though I'm sure it won't come as a  surprise to some.  (It may have already been discussed too but, I haven't seen anything so, sorry for the re-run if so.)

Anyway, did anyone realize that copies of "Angeliques Decent" are going for $53.49 and up on Amazon???  Seriously - here's the URL...

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Shadows-Ang%e9liques-Lara-Parker/dp/0061057517/sr=1-3/qid=1159366879/ref=sr_1_3/002-6966187-8710462?ie=UTF8&s=books

I had to blink a couple of times before I believed my eyes.  I also checked Ebay for the heck of it and found one starting at around $14...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Angeliques-Descent-by-Lara-Parker-1998_W0QQitemZ140034187947QQihZ004QQcategoryZ377QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Just wanted to share that because even if it's out of print and hard to find, I can't imagine the price going that sky high.  It must be a sign that even though it currently isn't running anywhere on TV, Dark Shadows is still pretty hot.  Not that I ever actually doubted it!!!
  ;)
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
Re: Angelique's Decent Apparently in Big Demand
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 06:34:04 PM »
]did anyone realize that copies of "Angeliques Decent" are going for $53.49 and up on Amazon???

WOW all the way up to $79. I am tempted to put mine up on Ebay
NOT!
LdyAnne

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 08:53:11 PM »
WOW all the way up to $79. I am tempted to put mine up on Ebay
NOT!
I know what you mean LdyAnne - when you just think about the skyrocketing price and not the item it seems kind of tempting! But, like you, I wouldn't give up my copy unless things got REALLY rough financially - LOL!  I do however, wish I'd seen it coming and bought a few extra copies at the tune of 8 bucks a piece when it was first published though.  I think you'd have to be extremely intuitive about investing to have predicted this though.  That certainly is NOT my forte'. :-
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 10:01:50 PM »
I've seen prices like these on ebay many times. People start them on there for anywhere from $10-30 and then people BID BID BID!!! all the way up to $80.00 in some cases. Whenever I find one I put it on my watch list just so I can see how much it will go for. I have an autographed copy. I wonder if that could fetch anymore?

Not that I would sell it......Wait until it gets up to $1000, when I'm 99!!! lol. Then I WILL sell it.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 05:31:12 AM »
Within the last couple of months, I've actually spotted several copies of AD at used book sales, swapmeets, etc. where they sell for a dollar or less.  If I run across any more, I'll be sure to snap them up.  It sounds like they could be a big help toward funding my graduate studies.

ProfStokes

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 06:31:47 AM »
It sounds like they could be a big help toward funding my graduate studies.
Yes, just think of all the ramen noodles you can buy.  ;D

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 02:31:44 PM »
Yes, just think of all the ramen noodles you can buy.

LOL!  Right ON!  Ramen Noodles and Chef Boy R Dee Ravioli kept me alive in college!   ;D
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 03:56:18 PM »
LOL!  Right ON!  Ramen Noodles and Chef Boy R Dee Ravioli kept me alive in college!   ;D
And don't forget the big jar of peanut butter (extra crunchy please) and a spoon!  One of my favorite entrees back when.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2006, 04:13:06 PM »
And don't forget the big jar of peanut butter (extra crunchy please) and a spoon!  One of my favorite entrees back when.

Yep, ate a LOT of PB&J sandwiches too.  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"