Author Topic: DID ANYONE SEE THAT?  (Read 2743 times)

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
DID ANYONE SEE THAT?
« on: April 28, 2002, 05:53:28 PM »
Hi, gang i usually don't post that often on here
but i just thought i'd share something with you
all. When Joshua was yelling at Nathan Forbes
did you Ben trying to keep a straight face??
He was smiling thru the whole scene!!  ( oh it
was about seeing Barnabas)
             Take Care All Love Annie :o ;D
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
Re: DID ANYONE SEE THAT?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2002, 07:32:42 PM »
Ben was grinning with delight because he knew Nathan was a goner, and thrilled to be witness to Joshua's dismissing the SOB into Barnabas' murderous grasp.

Given all the terrible things Nathan did, including being responsible for Naomi's suicide and Millicent's madness (well, along with Barnabas), he more than deserved his fate. One almost wishes Nathan's pain had been made to last longer, but I'm sure his terror over knowing what was going to happen to him was (almost) torture enough.

Love, Robin

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2002, 12:19:43 AM »
Annie wrote: Hi, gang i usually don't post that often on here that often
but i just thought i'd share something with you
all. When Joshua was yelling at Nathan Forbes
did you Ben trying to keep a straight face??
He was smiling thru the whole scene!!  ( oh it
was about seeing Barnabas)
             Take Care All Love Annie :o ;D

Hi Annie, It's good to see you here!! I think Ben was grinning from ear to ear because he knew what Forbes was going to get! He never had much use for Forbes, since he knew what he'd done to the Collin's family. Ben was overjoyed with happiness just to see Forbes finally getting what he deserved! :)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2002, 02:02:36 AM »
My favorite, Annie, was on either the last or second-to-last episode when Lara Parker was whisked away by Morgan from the cursed room, obviously thinking she was off camera and giggling hysterically.  Made me think I was watching a Carol Burnette Eunice and Mamma skit.

Gerard

Offline DSWayne

• Junior Poster
  • Another DS fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2002, 09:04:05 AM »
Hi everyone. I am a new member. And this is in fact my very first post here.

I read through the rules and because I liked what I saw about respecting each other and the fact that bad language is discouraged here I think that I will enjoy it here. Not too mention that I am a DS fan!!

Speaking of funny things that are said and seen. I noticed that during Friday's episode a goof ( at least I am pretty sure it was). Correct me please if I am mistaken here ?!?.... But I heard Joshua tell Ben Stokes to bring him the revolver. I am not so sure they had actual revolvers back then. Or did they? I know the gun he was handed was a black powder pistol.

Hope to post here again real soon! There are so many posts here I cannot possibly read them all!

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2002, 09:25:32 AM »
Welcome DSWayne!  It's nice to have you, but I'm afraid I can't answer your question.  I usually just use the general term "gun" to refer to any of them!!  I suppose I can distinguish between a rifle and a pistol, but that's about it! :)
Josette

Offline MrsBat

• I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2002, 03:47:54 PM »
Hi DSWayne.  I'm a new poster too but have been an avid fan of DS since it first went on the air.

As for your question about the revolvers, flintlocks were the hand gun of choice in the 1700's.  It was replaced by the percussion cap ignition system at the turn of the century in 1805.

The first revolver was invented by Samuel Colt (from my great state of Connecticut) and received a US Patent for it in 1836.

Maybe Ben was just a little ahead of his time!  ;D

Offline DSWayne

• Junior Poster
  • Another DS fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2002, 09:53:16 AM »
Thank you Mrs. Bat for all the info.

I wasn't sure if I could find this subject again  :D but I did!

There is so much activiety here on this board. And so far all of it so positive too!

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2002, 09:53:39 AM »
Welcome DSWayne & Mrs Bat to the board! :)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline DSWayne

• Junior Poster
  • Another DS fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2002, 09:56:37 AM »
How do we gain more stars beside our names in our posts here? Is it by how many or how often we post?

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2002, 01:36:43 PM »
Just wanted to say welcome also DS Wayne  enjoy
your fun time here it's great !!
              Love Anne
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2002, 05:28:24 PM »
How do we gain more stars beside our names in our posts here? Is it by how many or how often we post?

Yes, you gain more stars as you make more posts.  Hope to see your stars increase cuz it'll mean you're continuing to post and enjoy yourself.

Welcome (again ;)) to you and MrsBat too!

Offline MrsBat

• I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2002, 08:26:27 PM »
Thank you all for the welcome.  It took me a while to find the site and I am so glad I did!  ;D

DSWayne, Glad to be of help.  Hubby is an avid gun enthusiast so I need to be on my toes.  He's a big fan of DS, too.

BTW ... I heard that that there may be a resurrection of DS on SciFi with all new people as cast members but can't find anything confirming that.  Is anyone here privvy to that info?

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2002, 09:01:03 PM »
I know there are a number of people who post here that are unhappy about the apparently unlikely possibility that DS will ever be "recreated" by FOX or the SciFi channel.....

I was just wondering, am I the only DS fan who HATES the idea of attempting to re-create the series?  I've never understood the urge to RE-MAKE something that was already done once.  

I've never seen a movie re-make that I honestly thought was better than the original, and I tend to assume that people who do re-makes are lacking in sufficient creativity to do something original themselves.

It always seems to be about the money someone thinks it might generate. And in this case it was tried once and failed....why would someone try again?  

But that's just me, wondering.
Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2002, 11:03:11 PM »
I know there are a number of people who post here that are unhappy about the apparently unlikely possibility that DS will ever be "recreated" by FOX or the SciFi channel.....

I was just wondering, am I the only DS fan who HATES the idea of attempting to re-create the series?  I've never understood the urge to RE-MAKE something that was already done once.  

I've never seen a movie re-make that I honestly thought was better than the original, and I tend to assume that people who do re-makes are lacking in sufficient creativity to do something original themselves.

It always seems to be about the money someone thinks it might generate. And in this case it was tried once and failed....why would someone try again?  

But that's just me, wondering.
Rainey

I think a "next generation" would be far better, possibly even seeing if some of the original performs will reprise their roles.  

Gerard