Author Topic: DS DVD Volume 26 Listed as Best Seller  (Read 4103 times)

David

DS DVD Volume 26 Listed as Best Seller
« on: September 22, 2006, 08:01:08 AM »
Like Volume 25 before it, volume 26 is on the best seller list at DVDPlanet.com, the USA's largest online video store.

OK, networks, WAKE UP!
There's a huge Dark Shadws audience out there!!!!!

David

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
Re: DS DVD Volume 26 Listed as Best Seller
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 08:14:20 AM »
This is nice to know!! BTW, Netflix FINALLY has volume 25 available Oct 3 (so I am returning the one I bought, and will decide whether to get it later, I am so bad, LOL!!)

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 01:12:37 PM »
BTW, Netflix FINALLY has volume 25 available Oct 3
Well, it's about time! Thanks for posting this.  :)

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 06:08:40 PM »
I look forward to my copy from www.deepdiscountdvd.com.  I've bought them all from DDD and I hope they can get the special collection of the pre-Barnabas episodes after MPI makes them available to members only.
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 12:47:34 AM »
Ms. Crisey, Netflix also has volume 26 listed, coming out Sept 26, which means vol 26 before 25, but at least they are finally getting them!!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 08:35:25 PM »
DDD just reduced the prices (or I just noticed the reduction) on their DS sets to around 36 bucks per set.  I wonder if this is just for the H'ween season or if this is the new price?  It's not being billed as one of their sales, so far as I can tell.

G.

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 10:17:16 PM »
DDD just reduced the prices (or I just noticed the reduction) on their DS sets to around 36 bucks per set. I wonder if this is just for the H'ween season or if this is the new price? It's not being billed as one of their sales, so far as I can tell.

This is great! This is almost as low as they were selling for the last day of the fest-- $30 a pop! What a deal! And free shipping too! Let me just head over to the family mausoleum and open up that coffin with all the jewels and cash in baby!!!
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2006, 08:24:31 AM »
DDD just reduced the prices (or I just noticed the reduction) on their DS sets to around 36 bucks per set.  I wonder if this is just for the H'ween season or if this is the new price?  It's not being billed as one of their sales, so far as I can tell.

I've been collecting the DS DVDs from DDD since they've been selling them.  At times, I've notices some collection boxes cheaper then others.  Regular price is usually $43 but a few are down to $35.  Occasionally DDD will put all currently stocked DVDs on sale and I've gotten some very good prices.  I'm going to wait until MPI makes the pre-Barnabas DVDs available to the public before collecting these too.

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2006, 03:36:58 PM »
I'm going to wait until MPI makes the pre-Barnabas DVDs available to the public before collecting these too.

I've been thinking about joining the MPI DS DVD club for a while, though now I suppose it's pretty much useless. I've got up to....I think set 19, and their policy is buy five, get the sixth free. So I'd get the 25th set free, and then possibly one free from the Beginning Series DVDs. Do the benefits really outweigh the costs? I don't think they do, but if anyone else has an opinion please let me know. I didn't think the benefits outweighed the costs before I had nearly the complete series, because they want close to $60 for each DVD set! Yikes! Why would I do that when I can save $20 by going elsewhere? The only thing that really would interest me is the things that only members can get--like the coffin for keeping the bobbleheads in and whatever else.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 03:46:57 AM »
Do the benefits really outweigh the costs? I don't think they do

They don't Brandon, wait until you can get them from someone OTHER than MPI!  Don't let them bully you into joining their club.  Amazon, Best Buy, DDD and other outlets will have the pre-B eps eventually.   ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 04:55:37 PM »
Do the benefits really outweigh the costs? I don't think they do

Let's do the math.  At MPI, you get 5 boxes for $60 each and the 6th free.  At $60 a crack, that's $300 for 5 boxes in which you get the 6th one for free.

Using DDD as an example, all the regular priced DS boxes did cost $43.22 each. [I just looked on their website and saw ALL their previously DS Collection boxes now down to $36.73 each which is lower than I've seen in a LONG while.] The only one left that costs $43.22 is the last box, Set 26.  So at $43.22 each, 6 boxes would cost $259.32 if DDD sold "The Beginning" boxes at the same rate.  If sold at $36.73 each, 6 boxes is $220.38.  That's $40.68 - $79.62 difference...

Yes, MPI has other offers available but if one isn't interested in those other offers, one would save money looking elsewhere.  I believe the pre-Barnabas boxes will be available to the public eventually.  So I'm waiting.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 05:27:42 PM »
I believe the pre-Barnabas boxes will be available to the public eventually.  So I'm waiting.

Couldn't agree more dsbf.

My late cat Megan use to sit staring at a small mouse hole in the garage patiently and calmly waiting, waiting - sometimes for hours at a time.  She got what she was waiting for about 99.9% of the time.  I learned a lot from that cat. [cat]
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006, 05:42:06 PM »
Don't let them bully you into joining their club.

Bully?  [idontknow]  I'm a club member but not because I was bullied.  I felt no pressure to join, chose where my collection would begin, and am free to quit whenever I wish.

The reason I joined was, in a word, convenience.  I'm sent an email before and after the next release is shipped, it comes to my mailbox (albeit slowly), and my card is charged.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006, 05:46:57 PM »
Bully?   I'm a club member but not because I was bullied.

Yes, bullied.  They are blatently trying to force fans to join the club simply to be able to buy the pre-Barnabas eps, that's a plain as the nose on one's face.  If they weren't doing this, they'd be available to EVERYONE right away and not a year after the so-called CLUB members can buy them.
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2006, 06:35:52 PM »
Yes, bullied.  They are blatently trying to force fans to join the club simply to be able to buy the pre-Barnabas eps, that's a plain as the nose on one's face.  If they weren't doing this, they'd be available to EVERYONE right away and not a year after the so-called CLUB members can buy them.

I think you mean that buying the DVDs when they're released requires joining MPI's club, which IS a bona fide DVD club that, to me, seems less restrictive than most.  I don't think it's such a hot marketing decision, but bullying implies intimidation, and when I hear upfront that I can purchase directly from them when they're released or wait an unknown period of time (I don't think they've said it would be a year, have they?) to buy them from someone else, I don't see any blatant force, intimidation, bullying, or coercion in that, but that's me.