Author Topic: Who else loves Amy Jennings?  (Read 1909 times)

IluvBarnabas

Who else loves Amy Jennings?
« on: September 22, 2006, 01:53:36 AM »
I am watching the episodes where she and David first get mixed up with the ghosts of Quentin and Beth....I think she's adorable. Denise Nickerson was such a sweet, sweet girl, she made Amy so believable. I love the scenes between her and David.

I also love the relationship between her and Chris and her friendship with Barnabas.

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
Re: Who else loves Amy Jennings?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 02:37:37 AM »
Count me in! I love Amy Jennings as well!  :)

She played Amy so very superbly and sweetly, her characterization was completely believable.

I love the scene when she thinks something is wrong with Chris, and in a small tremulous voice she tearfully insists that he is out in the night somewhere, and that he's crying. Fabulous!

Also her relationship with Barnabas is very sweet. Does anyone wish they could have had more scenes together? I think it would have been great to see.

She interacted so well with David and Chris, in fact, as I think about this, I wish there could have been more children adult interactions.

I know  there was a great deal of quarreling between David and just about every adult member of the family, but I wish we could have seen more of the tender moments, the gentle assurances and innocent love that children offer, and the way adults respond so positively to that love.

Now I've gone off on a tangent, LOL!  ;D
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline barnabasjr

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 03:06:30 AM »
Me too. She was by far the most realistic of David's babes and a great actress.
Your 3rd cousin in Virginia

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 04:21:53 AM »
Also her relationship with Barnabas is very sweet. Does anyone wish they could have had more scenes together? I think it would have been great to see.

I agree whole heartedly, her scenes with Barnabas were very sweet.

Count me as a fan as well.

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 04:50:30 AM »
I loved "Amy Jenning".  She was always professional, quick study and cute as a button.  And, it seems to me, she was smarter than David.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 02:47:56 PM »
Also her relationship with Barnabas is very sweet.

ITA w/this!  I especially love the scene in 1968 where [spoiler]Barnabas has moved in to CW to look after the family when Roger's on a business trip and he's packing to go back to the Old House.  Amy comes in to talk to him and begs him not to leave because she's afraid and feels safe w/him etc...it was very sweet.[/spoiler]

Denise seemed to have a good rapport w/Jonathan as did Sharon Smyth.  I wish Barnabas and Sarah had had more scenes together in 1795, their scenes were sweet too.  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 11:52:36 PM »
ITA w/this!  I especially love the scene in 1968 where [spoiler]Barnabas has moved in to CW to look after the family when Roger's on a business trip and he's packing to go back to the Old House.  Amy comes in to talk to him and begs him not to leave because she's afraid and feels safe w/him etc...it was very sweet.[/spoiler]

I thoroughly love that scene as well! It was very touching, and IMHO, one of the best scenes on DS.  8)
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 05:10:56 AM »
I agree that Denise Nickerson was a very gifted young actress, and because she was so believable in her role as Amy, it was easy to stay invested in her character's fate. I just wish she was given more to do in subsequent stories. I enjoyed her scenes with Barnabas, Julia, Elizabeth, and Chris especially. Some of her scenes with David could be grating, but mostly because of the writing. I always wanted Amy to get the upper hand with bossy David, but he seemed to generally run the roost.

My favorite Amy scene was her first, when Chris comes to see her at Wyndecliff. From the moment the buxom nurse warned Chris, "She's very disturbed!" I said to myself, "I think I'm gonna like this strange little girl. If she is disturbed, she'll fit right in with all these grown-up DS characters." And she did!

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 02:38:13 PM »
One of my favorite scenes is when:

[spoiler]Joe has gone completely bonkers, after seeing Chris turn into a werewolf, and wants to protect Amy by "rescuing" her and taking her away.[/spoiler]  What he is really doing is, although his intentions are good but marred by insanity, kidnaping her.  Amy manages to break away.

Watch how she reacts - the look of sheer fright on her face because of what is happening between her and Joe.  It's an absolutely stunning example of what a truly gifted and talented young actress she was.

Gerard

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 12:06:33 AM »
I liked all three of David's "girlfriends" Sarah, Amy and Hallie. I felt that both Amy and Hallie's voices could get a bit shrill but that's not the actress's fault, you should hear me when I get going lol. I felt that Denise was a great actress and you have to admit that she and David Henesy had a lot less bloopers and flubbed lines than the adults. And Amy dressed so well, I like to see what she is wearing as I wore a lot of the same kinds of dresses as a kid. Actually Denise is only one month younger than I am and when she appeared I was a bit miffed that I hadn't gotten a chance to audition for the role lol. My brother Bobby even said she and I looked a bit alike.

Alondra

Offline Willie

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 03:29:46 AM »
I'd love to stick a piece of duct tape over her mouth   >:D

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER