Author Topic: Craig Hamrick - prayer request  (Read 11912 times)

David

For Joe Salvatore
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2006, 05:13:06 AM »
Dear Joe:

please come to a Dark Shadows festival so we can hug you and tell you how much we loved Craig.

David

Offline johnpeternyc

• Junior Poster
  • Hi kids!
    • View Profile
    • Our NEW Web Page
Re: Craig Hamrick - prayer request
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2006, 05:45:17 AM »
Joe was there albeit briefly this past festival in Brooklyn.  I wish we had gotten to spend some more time together with both he and Craig.  We were in a hurry to get to rehearsal for the skit.  However, Joe and Peter did get some alone time to catch up.  I will make sure (as will Janet I am sure) will forward the outpouring of love to Joe, Craig, and there family as soon as we can.  You guys have really been an amazing support.  Just to type this right now has given me some comfort.

Thanks for that.

John 
Dr. John "DJ" Schaefer
johnschaefernj@aol.com

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2006, 08:36:11 AM »
I'm very devastated to hear this news.  I really was hoping for a full recovery for Craig when he showed up at the Fest.  I was very happy he made it there.

I am hoping and praying for a miracle.  My love and best wishes to his close friends and family during this most difficult time.

luv, victoriawinters

Offline Amanda

• Junior Poster
  • Mrs. Davis
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2006, 09:11:09 AM »
I am so sorry to hear this.  Craig and his loved ones will be in my thoughts and prayers. 
The Kansas Cousin

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Re: Craig Hamrick
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2006, 03:48:14 PM »
Forgive me if I do this wrong I have never posted here before.

You did fine Janet!  ;)  Like Janet I have known Craig for 13 years, we first met at the 1993 NY Festival.  Over the years Craig has been a wonderful friend who I've had some great times with.  It was through Craig that I got to meet Louie Edmonds on a more personal basis (the Fests really aren't where one meets the stars normally).  Janet, Craig and I spent New Year's weekend w/Louis in 1994 in Greenich Village where we had lunch at The Slaughtered Lamb (Janet and I got there early because we were too embarressed to be caught w/ketchup on our chins in front of Big Lou, LOL!) and then Louie took us around the corner to one of his favortive little bistros where he treated us to desert and coffee--I had the BEST Cappachino (sp?) I've ever had in this place.

The following day Louie graciously hosted us in his Upper West Side apartment where we watched Dark Shadows and had dinner.  At the end of the evening as he walked us to the door he said, very enthusiastically, "Well, if THIS is a fan club, I'm all for it!!"  ;)  The evening after that Craig and I again had dinner w/Louie and went w/him to buy a new pair of walking shoes.  I'll never forget watching Louie dance to a steal drum in the subway station!  ;)

It was also through Craig that many of us, Phoebe/Janet, Karlenfan, Bobubas etc...got to meet and spend significant time w/Nancy Barrett at her very first Fest in 1997.  We were her security crew and got to attend her rehersal the day before the Fest and to be backstage while she performed her cabaret.  We all then were treated to an impromptu after party in our room w/Nancy and some of the other stars like Lara, KLS, Chris Pennock, Johnny Karlen and Ross Skipper (cameraman).

Craig is a VERY generous and sweet man who has impressed the hell out of me the past five years in his fight against cancer.  Most ppl with his ailments would have been dead years ago, but Craig is a fighter and because of that and his positive attitude, he is still here w/us today. 

Sending prayers and good thoughts/energy your way Craig, if anyone can beat it, you can!   
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Phoebe

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2006, 08:42:00 PM »
 Thank you Nancy. I had my colon tested today. And recently had a hysterectomy I went to my Gyn twice a year. This year they found something and they were able to get. Please people health tests are very important.

Offline Phoebe

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2006, 09:17:43 PM »
 Thank you John/Peter. I have known Peter for along time. I remember the Vegas fest so well, Peter was to young to go near the slots and we had so much fun with that. Now he is a grown man, where does time go? Peter has a talent  so great it must come from a Higher Power and like Craig has been given a special gift. To be able to find that soulmate he was put on the earth to meet.  I just meet John at the recent fest for the first time. Although I felt like I knew him for years since I heard all about him. It was John I first talked to when I learned Craig was losing his battle. Barely knowing me he gave me great comfort and still is.  Peter dear, I love ya. you and Craig are two of the lucky ones in life. There is such a thing as soulmates. I know this because of Joe and Craig and you and John.

Janet

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2006, 09:36:18 PM »

Janet,
I somehow missed seeing you at the festival.  I have been thinking and praying for you as well as I know from you (and Craig) what a wonderful friendship you have had for many years.  I know this is terribly difficult for you.  Friends feel so helpless in this kind of situation.  I don't have your email address anymore either.  Take care.

nancy

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2006, 09:48:16 PM »
Thank you John/Peter. I have known Peter for a long time. I remember the Vegas fest so well, Peter was to young to go near the slots and we had so much fun with that. Now he is a grown man, where does time go?

Tell me about it!  I've known Peter since 1990, when he was TWELVE ppl! ;)  I've literally watched him, and CrazyJenny for that matter, grow up!  I remember how surreal it was back in the late 90's, '98 I think it was, when I went up to visit Karlenfan and we met up w/StarryAstrid and Peter in a bar for cocktails and thinking to myself, I remember when this kid could only drink soda pop!  ;)

There is such a thing as soulmates. I know this because of Joe and Craig and you and John.

I agree wholeheartedly w/this.  And I can't think of anyone I'd want w/either Craig or Peter than Joe & John.  ;)

Thank you Nancy. I had my colon tested today. And recently had a hysterectomy I went to my Gyn twice a year. This year they found something and they were able to get. Please people health tests are very important.

VERY true!  My poor boss's wife was terrified of the doctor and therefore NEVER went.  As such, she never knew she'd developed Diabetes and because she was untreated for years, because she never knew, she died very suddenly last summer.  Woman was only in her mid-50's too, and the sweatest person you'd ever want to meet.  Knowing this, I get checked at least once a year, from head to toe.  ;)  Prevention is the key folks.
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Phoebe

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2006, 10:08:24 PM »
Janet,
I somehow missed seeing you at the festival.  I have been thinking and praying for you as well as I know from you (and Craig) what a wonderful friendship you have had for many years.  I know this is terribly difficult for you.  Friends feel so helpless in this kind of situation.  I don't have your email address anymore either.  Take care.

You lost a dear friend also at a young age, I still feel that loss. I don't even look at my DS video's anymore because of that. Thank you for taking the time to write, I apprectiate it so much.

Janet

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2006, 11:08:09 PM »
You lost a dear friend also at a young age,

Unfortunately we've all lost quite a few dear DS friends.  The ones I think of often are Angie Samaras (although I actually never met Angie, I know her sister Helen very well), Eric and Carol Chirrcho (sp?), who were AWESOME ppl, Dave Brown and most recently Dean Wilson, aka Wolfboy on IRC, just to name a few.

Dean was a very dear friend who died suddenly 2 years ago in October.  I'll always cherish him, his friendship and all the hysterical times we all had together, especially on a trip to Fire Island in June of 1998.  Our 'fireplace' antics still bring a smile to my face.  That night we'd all had TOO much to drink, and the goofiness that resulted from it is the stuff of legend.  My latest novel is dedicated to him.
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2006, 11:13:58 PM »
My prayers and good wishes are with Craig Hamrick and all those close to him at this most difficult time.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2006, 11:30:45 PM »
My heart, thoughts, prayers....everything....go out to Craig and his loved ones.  He was always wonderful to me.  I remember meeting him I guess it was in 93.  I was thinking 92.  He was always so funny and silly.  I'm so glad I got to see him this summer.

"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2006, 12:11:55 AM »
To  Craig, Joe, Peter, John, Janet  and all of his extended Family here and there.
my heart felt well wishes and prayers for all of you going thru this most difficult of times.
I know how hard it is to watch some one you love suffer
My prayers for ease and peace.

LdyAnne
<lighting a candle and sending a rose>@--->----

David

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2006, 12:44:14 AM »
Buzz,
how did you know Eric & Carol?
I knew them well!
Carol & I both went on Diana Millay's Egypt trip in '88.

I believe Eric is still with us, in Florida, but no longer keeps in touch with fandom.

they were/are terrfic people.

David