Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0866  (Read 397 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0866
« on: January 20, 2015, 04:18:16 PM »
Robservations #866

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0866

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 07:29:51 AM »
Another VO attempting to make sense of the bodyswap for viewers, at the end announcing that Quentin is "not in possession of his own mind".  Fail... it sounds if he went crazy...

Selbrofi and Ang in a cave... what mixed me up was that they switched caves on me.  It's not the sea cave with boats in it, it's Barnabas's cave, only with a metal door in the wall, which Petofi exits through.  Ang wishes aloud that Barnabas could be here now, reinforcing that [spoiler] we are meant to consider him "dead"... not only merely dead, but really most sincerely dead, as Oz's coroner might speak of destroyed vampires.[/spoiler]

What's that color of Kitty's dress?  "Orchid" maybe?  Everyone dupes Edward, who thinks of himself as tough and skeptical, no one's fool.  It's Kitty's turn, and she loves doing it, and letting us see she's doing it apparently.  She has to face us so she won't grin in his face... Oh I'm leaving, I've written my mother about it already....

"Coswell" painted Josette's portrait.  Kitty waits with it in Josette's room, footsteps approach... is it Barnabas?  In what state of living or death?  Ghost?  Vampire?  Zombie?  Notary public?  End.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 03:55:45 PM »
Welcome back, cave below Widows Hill with the beautiful crumpled black paper! Maybe Aristede was off screen for a while because he was busy fitting the cave with an actual door and got paid with the Dancing Lady, version 2.0.

Selbtofi doesn't actually burn Angelique because he wants to get information from her. Angelique admits that she has visited the cave at Shipwreck Point--but nothing else.

I would describe Kitty's dress as deep purple. I think orchid is meant to be a little paler. She quarrels with Edward, but knows that she (literally) can't afford to hold a grudge.

Selbtofi has Aristede guard Angelique, promising that while he's whooping it up in the future, she'll stay in the cave forever. Alone, Angelique looks around the almost dark, very damp cavern, then walks over to the coffin. Barnabas, I need you so, she murmurs. There is no way you can help me now. For once, the powerful Angelique actually looks frightened and even lost.

Edward (literally) can't afford to stay mad at Kitty, so he apologizes and tells her to write back to her mom to say that she plans to stay at Collinwood. Selbtofi returns, and Edward demands to know why Charpansy is so afraid of him. They go up to see her together. Poor Charpansy is terrified into retracting her earlier statement. She takes it seriously when Edward warns that if she doesn't behave, "We will have to send you somewhere where they will look after you." C/P realizes he means it, but PQuentin is smugly delighted.

Kitty is writing to her mother when Selbtofi returns and plays a recording of-- Mozart! Kitty comments on this change. Flustered (again), Selbtofi huffs that change is the first law of life. Kitty reads her letter: Dear Mother, Everything is going splendidly here at Collinwood. I would not be surprised if, by the time you read this, Edward has asked me to marry him. You may mark down this day--October the twentieth, seventeen ninety-seven--as the turning point.

Selbtofi pounces on this date and takes out the Collins Family History, looks up the 1797 page, and starts to read. Edward arrives, looks at him and declares, Well, well, well, the millennium has arrived! You’re actually reading a book! Have you decided to become cultured? Or has the Police Gazette ceased publication? You’re reading the Collins Family History, he observes, and listening to classical music! What has gotten into you? PQuentin says, I’ve decided I’ve been missing much of life by being the way I’ve been. Well, will wonders never cease! Edward comments. I do hope that this surprisingly fresh attitude of yours will extend to your relationship with the rest of the family. PQuentin smiles.

At 9:30 in the evening, we hear Josette’s music--and so does Kitty. Key in hand, she comes downstairs in her best black off-the-shoulder, low-cut gown and the inevitable pearls, this time a choker with several strands. She pauses at Barnabas’s portrait. In the drawing room, PQuentin hears the front door open and looks out. He is puzzled to see her leave the house.

Kitty has arrived at the Old House and is walking along the rarely seen upstairs gallery, still holding the key. She stops in front of a door, finds it locked, and tries the key. The key works, and slowly she walks into Josette’s room. One candle burns on the small table; she picks it up and looks all around her until she notices the portrait above the fireplace. Whereas it never was signed or dated before, it’s now signed Coswell 1797. [The portrait first appeared in 1795, not 1797--and supposedly was painted in Paris. It was last seen, unsigned, shortly after the arrival of King Johnny Romano, when it hung over the mantel in the drawing room downstairs.]

She looks like me! Kitty exclaims. She puts down the candle on the table near the fire and walks to the bed. Near the bed is a table with a decanter and two small glasses. She fills the two glasses and brings them to the table near the fire. She is obviously afraid, but sits on the settee. She calls softly, I have come. I am waiting for you. When she hears approaching footsteps, her face glows with anticipation....