Author Topic: (***DEFINITELY CHECK THIS OUT NOW**) Austin Live Theatre: Fan-Produced DS webseries beginning in January  (Read 9375 times)

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
This was already done back when the producer of the webseries got the cease and desist notice.  THe producer posted on the web series site the news the web series had to stop.  He also shared the fact he had spoken to Jim Pierson, it was a nice, friendly conversation, Jim was "complimentary" of the web series but the decision was to pull it.  The producer was quite classy about it in his post to his viewers.

Nancy

I think DCP or it's estate has a long record of allowing fan produced stories, fan zines, songs, toys, and other items. Maybe someone could contact the estate and get their side of this. I think that would be the place to start.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
The discussion about the ebook on Amazon has been split into a separate topic:

Amazon book / was: Re: Austin Live Theatre: Fan-Produced DS webseries ...

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
While it would be nice for the remaining webisodes or even everything that was done to be shown at a Fest, for this reason:

THe producer posted on the web series site the news the web series had to stop.  He also shared the fact he had spoken to Jim Pierson, it was a nice, friendly conversation, Jim was "complimentary" of the web series but the decision was to pull it..

it probably isn't ever going to happen. It could easily stir up the whole why can't the series continue issue all over again, and if I was Pierson, I wouldn't want to do that.