Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1030  (Read 739 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1030
« on: June 25, 2010, 11:58:08 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1030
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 06:55:27 AM »
Earliest American TV curry reference I know of.   ***  Did PT TES just replace Hannah, not just in the plot, but to the point of taking over her apartment, too?   The bird came from her, definitely.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 11:58:56 AM »
Magnus, it may be that Tim's bird and Hannah's bird are two different birds, but they came from the same litter - or something.

Earliest American TV curry reference I know of.
It did sort of pique my interest to learn that Maggie likes curry.  Hot or mild?  Does she like to cook it herself?  And is she fussy about the curry powder that is used?  The Sinhalese word for curry powder translates to "three-five" - three of one kind of ingredient, five of another, according to what a Sri Lankan friend told me.

Here we go once again with Kathryn Leigh Scott's character hurling defiance at the man who has kidnapped her.  If she's smart, and tough, she'll accept that she may have to lose Quentin, and pretend with Yaeger, and even sleep with him, in order to save her own life.  But I don't think she's that smart or tough.

It was good to see Elizabeth today, especially after Maggie's hysterics.  I thought about having Elizabeth be the artistic sibling who was fixated on Angelique, with Roger as the sensible, down-to-earth one who disliked her, and I would have enjoyed seeing that, but I suppose that with Hoffman around, having another female pining for Angelique wouldn't have worked - unless Hoffman and Elizabeth regarded each other as rivals for Angelique's affections.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 03:01:46 PM »
So what's with the petrified polly? Was this a beloved pet that Stokes couldn't bare to put in a shoebox and bury out in the back yard? Or maybe he's a taxidermist on the side. Anyway you look at it, that's a bizarre position on the bird.

Um, Angelique, maybe you ought to think about taking curtain #2.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 04:09:14 AM »
I am for some reason missing my reviews for 1028 and 1029!  I got the DVDS from Netflix so I cannot review them at this point.  Hopefully later on! :(  However, on to this review!

6/5/70

I love to hear TD do Voice Overs as he sounds nothing like the character!   
I love the farmhouse as well as it's very very creepy looking!  The steps in the farmhouse look a lot like the Todd's steps! Those steps are cursed wherever they are! HEH!

I feel sorry for Maggie as she just began to build a relationship with Daniel and now this.  That truly looks like real champagne maybe it is??

Poor KLS she must have been worn out everyday after playing the victim and using some serious energy!

WHEW Angelique's dress is very busy! It's making my trip kick in!  JK of course!
Joan almost bit it walking around the couch!  HEH!

Well well the garden.  Is this the first time we have seen it in PT? 

It seems as if they faded out before LP finished her speech!  I personally think that LP should have become a big star along with lots of others on DS. She surely had the talent, looks and determination!  It's a shame!

I wish they would have explained where Hannah went or if she just isn't around right now; however it seems that he and Hannah lived together as they are staying at the same place complete with the same bird everyone mentioned! LOL

“THIS TERRIBLE COLD!” is almost as bad as “I DON’T UNDERSTAND!” as famous DS lines go!
I liked the credits shot!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/