Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0961  (Read 1485 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0961
« on: March 22, 2010, 10:41:46 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0961
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 01:11:30 AM »
[spoiler]What if Jeb reanimated Peter Bradford as a zombie?  Would his spirit get sucked out of Collinwood and back into his corpse?[/spoiler]

Jeb continues to follow the Leviathans' evil, evil plan of dating Carolyn occasionally.  As evil plans go, it falls a little flat.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 11:50:23 AM »
Isn't it lucky, then - simply providential, in fact - that we have Nicholas Blair on hand to keep Jeb on the strait and narrow!

Zombie Sheriff is a different sort of zombie from Zombie Quentin.  Zombie Quentin's joints were stiff and his eyes stared blankly, and I think that language was beyond him.  Zombie Sheriff's movements are human, and he thinks and speaks, and even knows how to wield a gun, although he still is not a pretty sight, with that pallor (if you pile the makeup on with a shovel, I notice pallor) and the weird hair.  Thinking about Magnus's spoilerized question, I wonder if there was a stipulation in the contract for[spoiler]Roger Davis that he must never have weird hair.[/spoiler]

Bruno got his jollies enraging the werewolf today, and Megan got her jollies being bitten by Barnabas.  All very primitive and satisfying.  It made me wish we could have seen the werewolf ripping Zombie Sheriff to shreds.

I kept being distracted by the plaque behind the werewolf. E. Pendleton Stockbridge, born 1801, died 1817.  Poor thing, only 16 years old when he died, and I'm betting nobody gave him the chance to become a zombie.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 01:43:41 PM »
If that werewolf ever gets loose, Bruno's days are numbered. I hope they can find a coffin large enough to accomodate him and his hair. Bury the coat with him too. PLEASE bury the coat with him.

If Barnabas is a vampire, eternal youth and all that, how come he's greying at the temples?

Can a dead guy be killed again?

Bruno ought to give some of that hair to Locks for Love and help a bald guy or to the local furrier and help a cold guy.

Will the werewolf succeed in killing Jeb? Oh, please, please, please!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 01:38:34 PM »
JTW you are hysterically funny! :)  Great post! Also nice observations from Lydia on Q Zombie vs Davenport Zombie!

Since the SANDMAN isn't apparently going to let me sleep then I will get caught up on my DS WP posts! :)  Oh great now I have The Chordette’s singing in my head!  Lovely song though. [snow_wink]

Bruno is out and out evil and cruel!  I personally don't think I would be whipping a werewolf but you know that's just me!

Barney as usual is looking creepy staring out the window.   B's vampiric transformation also seems to require him being contoured and painted to high heaven with guyliner for days and as an added bonus: Gray streaks!

I love how Marie plays Megan under Barney's spell.  Very quiet and demure with a seductive softness to her voice!  Very well played!  I like Megan's dark outfit and the orange scarf really sets the whole outfit off.  I like Megan's go go boots as well. 

Bruno is really turning out to be a Loyal Leviathan isn't he!??
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 05:58:12 PM »
Since the SANDMAN isn't apparently going to let me sleep then I will get caught up on my DS WP posts! :)  Oh great now I have The Chordette’s singing in my head!  Lovely song though. [snow_wink]

I just listened to a story in Analog magazine in which Irish pub patrons battled over which was the definitive version of "Mr. Sandman".   #354 in the Time-Life series of spooky coincidences.

Good morning, T.   Insomnimania claims me as well.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 09:47:19 PM »
Why would a whip be hanging in "an abandoned crypt"?

Why would a turn lock be on the outside of the door to a crypt?

Lovecraft's "The Dunwich Horror" gave us two evil spawn-- the rapidly growing part-human Wilbur, and the cattle-devouring horror that eventually became so huge that an entire farmhouse could no longer contain it.  It's pretty obvious that Wilbur was the inspiration for Jeb, but I'm thinking that the DS counterpart to the immense supernatural horror was actually Bruno's hair.

I kept being distracted by the plaque behind the werewolf. E. Pendleton Stockbridge, born 1801, died 1817.  Poor thing, only 16 years old when he died, and I'm betting nobody gave him the chance to become a zombie.

Picture Daniel Keyes, in black & white, saying (from #154), "She was drowned at sea-- most of her body was torn to bits by the rocks."  Ew.  And so much for being a candidate for zombie.

Speaking of torn apart, who is going to put Davenport back in his resting spot?  And will his spirit be free to haunt Jeb?

If that werewolf ever gets loose, Bruno's days are numbered. I hope they can find a coffin large enough to accomodate him and his hair. Bury the coat with him too. PLEASE bury the coat with him.

[lghb]  Hey, a lot of bunnies died for that coat.

I personally don't think I would be whipping a werewolf but you know that's just me!

LOL  As if angering PETA wasn't bad enough, now he's got to worry about the SPCA.

Megan's green eye shadow is so 1970!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 10:44:57 PM »
Why would a whip be hanging in "an abandoned crypt"?

A fascinating question, isn't it?

Lovecraft's "The Dunwich Horror" gave us two evil spawn-- the rapidly growing part-human Wilbur, and the cattle-devouring horror that eventually became so huge that an entire farmhouse could no longer contain it.  It's pretty obvious that Wilbur was the inspiration for Jeb, but I'm thinking that the DS counterpart to the immense supernatural horror was actually Bruno's hair.

[stfl]  But you've got to love the behind-the-scenes photos of Stroka with his hair in rollers to help achieve that look.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 01:31:59 PM »
During this part of the show I seem to lose interest. You always know when a story is ending.

At least this story seems to fall apart. I felt that way in 1897 also.

I would like to see people that just inflict pain on someone for fun suffer. [ghost_mad]
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate