Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1030  (Read 510 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1030
« on: January 11, 2016, 06:50:02 PM »
Robservations #1030

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1030

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 12:03:33 AM »
Thayer VO.  We see the "farmhouse by the sea", from outside.  I thought this was funny:  Yaeger--"Let's have some supper."  Maggie: "NO!!!"

Psychedelic bow tie on Tim Stokes.  Ang gets a random victim... so much for surviving by staying off camera... Is Tim actually consumed with guilt over using [spoiler]Roxanne?[/spoiler]  Strange.  And Angelique has even persuaded the closing credits person to list her as "Alexis"... By Sam Hall.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 05:43:07 PM »
Gradually Maggie calms down enough to take in her new surroundings. As if the indignity of her first encounter with Yaeger and this waking nightmare weren’t enough, now Maggie knows the mortification of his defiling touch not only on her person but on all her belongings, some of them intimate and many no doubt gifts from Quentin in happier times.

Yaeger gets further instructions from Angelique and forces Maggie to write a letter telling Quentin that they're through. He warns her to write just "Quentin," not "My dear Quentin" or "My darling Quentin."

Angelique comes within a hairsbreadth of killing Roger for warmth, but Elizabeth walks into the room just in time.

At 9:20 p.m., Angelique’s stepfather, Timothy Eliot Stokes, is sipping a drink at his house, which looks remarkably like his sister Hannah’s, right down to the stuffed white coral-crested cockatoo. Wrapped to the chin in a heavy coat, Angelique enters. Angrily she tells him, Somewhere out there, someone is finding the body of a man I never even saw, a man I only met tonight. The body will be as cold as if he had been dead for days. I can’t take living like this anymore! she complains. Since you brought me back, there must be something you can do about it! Stokes says, I’ve already done all I can do. Angelique wants to know what it was, but Stokes says, There’s no reason for you to know. Angelique insists, If you can’t help me, I can help myself. Tell me exactly what you did. I can see that you’re troubled--I want to know why. You can’t understand what I did, he replies, because I am far beyond your level--the first modern scientist to use the black arts. She tries to flatter the secret out of him. That only worked when you were alive, he replies. Finally he says, There was an experiment I started long ago--but it terrified me. Until I saw you lying dead I had no reason to finish it, but then I was ruthless. How? Angelique demands. Don’t ask me! he says, frightened into whispering. All I will tell you is that I didn’t do it alone. Take me to this other person, Angelique demands. I’m sure I want to know. Stokes seems sad as he warns her, Do you realize what we have done? Revenge can still come. I’ll take the chance, Angelique replies. Take me to the other person. Stokes points to a green curtain against the wall and tells her to look behind it: Angelique, I did it for you! Angelique is eager to meet the person who has given her another chance to get Quentin back. She tells her father to come with her, but he shakes his head and says, No! You must go alone. She realizes he’s right. She pulls back the curtain to reveal a door. She opens the door and enter the room beyond.....

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 02:21:51 AM »
As usual Maggie says all the wrong things in all the wrong places and makes it worse for herself. A calls Elizabeth COllins.  They sure have a hard time in PT with names and relationships.
A goes to her Dad who calls himself the first modern scientist who uses the black arts.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times