Author Topic: today's slideshow  (Read 818 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
today's slideshow
« on: September 12, 2007, 02:20:41 PM »
i'm a bit surprised that mysterious did not take the opportunity to have a bit of fun with the infamous "fake carolyn" episode in today's slideshow(#578).

couldn't she have been identified as "carolyn" or carolyn or perhaps carolyn?

anyways just a thought. ;)
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: today's slideshow
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 03:31:11 PM »
That was the day the Pod People made their clumsy attempt to infiltrate Collinsport.  Before the Pod Carolyn had spent even a single day at the Great House, the real Carolyn returned and decimated her alien imposter with a super-strength can of Aquanet.  It holds, and holds, and HOLDS!

"Marilyn" Ross later attempted to write a novel about this, but his innate insipidity took over and the truth was never told ... until now!

cheers, G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 04:50:07 PM »
i'm a bit surprised that mysterious did not take the opportunity to have a bit of fun with the infamous "fake carolyn" episode in today's slideshow

You know, I wrote up those captions two years ago (wow - time really does fly!), so I don't honestly recall why I didn't do anything like that. Perhaps it was because I'd criticized Diana Walker's performance as Pseudo-Carolyn so often by that point that I figured it might have been like [deadhorse] to call any more attention to the situation (although that's certainly never stopped me when it comes to other DS issues  [lghy]). However, if you check the captions for Ep #578 again, you'll see that I've rectified the situation.  [b003]

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 09:29:28 PM »
what the hell is going on?

there is a tremendous amount of artificiality on the forum today with "psueudo carolyn" in the slideshow and "faux jeremiah"in the watching project.does "fake vicki" appear anywhere in the d.s. universe today?

here's a thought.what if the original actor who portrays a character isn't the one who becomes most closely identified with the role?

can james hall acurately be callled "not willie"?mark allen imitation sam"?george mitchell "ersatz matthew morgan"? :-

what do you think?
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 05:48:33 AM »
Fake Jeremiah was deliberately fake, so it is no slur to call him that.  I sort of liked seeing Diana Walker play Carolyn; it was a slightly different angle on the character.

How about "rough-draft Willie" and "not-ready-for-prime-time Matthew Morgan"?