Author Topic: Dark Shadows POP Figures  (Read 470 times)

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
Dark Shadows POP Figures
« on: September 17, 2019, 02:13:07 PM »
Last night it occurred to me that with the distant prospect of a new DS hitting tv screens that we could also see some new DS merchandise with the new/old characters. That got me to wondering if anyone would be interested in seeing Funko POP! figures of our beloved DS characters and, if so, who would you want to see?

Obviously we know who would bring the most sales in: Barnabas, Angelique, Josette, Quentin. But what about some secondary characters, or just characters in general who have not really ever received the merchandising treatment, i.e. Julia Hoffman?
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Shadows POP Figures
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 03:23:40 PM »
It's funny because yesterday I had the thought about this same possibility. However, chances are very good that if a new DS becomes successful and if it does go the Funko Pop! route, the characters they do would come from the new series and at this point we have no idea who those characters will be...

On the other hand, if by some miracle they were to do characters from the original show, I would love to see all the original characters you've mentioned, along with Carolyn, Roger, Liz, David, Chris, Nicholas, and even Stokes! And imagine a ghost of Sam Evans complete with sunglasses and head bandage!  [ghost_cheesy]

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
Re: Dark Shadows POP Figures
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 09:06:33 PM »
Yes, I think at least the main inhabitants of Collinwood would definitely have to get the POP treatment. They could also segment these out into different lines. Like releasing the members of the Collins family first, then perhaps a villains line (Nicholas, Angelique, etc), a townsfolk line (Sam, Maggie, Stokes) and more.

It would be really interesting to get some of the more supernatural characters out there, like the ghost of Sam Evans MB mentioned. Or what about the ghost of Jeremiah, with his bandaged wrapped face? Or Josette in her wedding gown with the eye on her cheek?!
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran