Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0261  (Read 644 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0261
« on: July 24, 2012, 04:45:28 AM »
Robservations - #261

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0261

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 09:59:06 PM »
Between the time that Maggie hurries down the corridor, following Sarah's flute, and her arrival on the beach below Widows' Hill, her robe has become tattered--though her long, perfectly applied false eyelashes are still intact.

At last, Barnabas is cheated of his prey. But poor Maggie's mind has been broken, and she reverts to childhood in sheer self-defense. She recognizes her "papa" but doesn't recognize poor Joe, who is devastated.

Sam tells the doctor about the little girl named Sarah who told him where to find Maggie. Although Maggie has never heard the little girl's name (why didn't they introduce themselves?), she murmurs, Sarah. Then she puts the doll next to her and even lets Joe hold it for a moment.

Doc Woodard's heart is in the right place, but his plan seems pretty drastic--he's taking his career in his hands by faking Maggie's death. He tells Sam and Joe, "I want to send Maggie to a nursing home called Wyndcliff, about a hundred miles north, he tells them. It’s run by Dr. JULIA Hoffman. You remember--I was going to show her Maggie’s blood sample before it was stolen." [That was back when Dr. Hoffman was “one of the best men in the field”!] Yes!!!

Sarah's flute version of "London Bridge" is the first of many times that music plays a major part in a story. We've already had the various iterations of Laura's portrait (plus Burke's, and Vicki's double, not to mention Barnabas's). What soap--or any other TV show--would bring music and art into the story now?

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 06:10:21 AM »
I don't recall Sarah playing such an essential part in Maggie's navigation of the underground tunnels.  In this round of watching, Sarah's coming across to me like some sort of a genie: Maggie has but to express a wish, and Sarah at Maggie's bidding speeds, and posts o'er land and ocean without rest - or something.  But I don't get any feeling that Sarah considers herself in any way Maggie's servant or slave.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 03:06:27 PM »
I don't understand why Barnabas didn't just kill Sam. He was all alone on the beach. No witnesses.

Teeny, tiny nurse station desk there. Heh.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 03:28:37 PM »
Very true, Janet. But for all Barnabas knows, Burke or someone else might be right behind Sam. Also, Barn could materialize in the hospital, find out Maggie's room number--as he actually does--and then kill her in her hospital bed and dematerialize again without anyone the wiser. But Dr. Woodard's fortuitous arrival and his announcement of Maggie's death put an end to that plan. So Barnabas probably feels that his secret is safe.

Teeny, tiny nurse station desk. Glass transfusion bottles. Well, no one ever claims that the Collinsport Hospital is on the leading edge of patient care.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 03:24:07 AM »
Why is Barnabas at the hospital? It would seem safer to enslave a staffer to get information or at least send Willie.  I too thought why not kill Sam, but maybe he fare being seen if he ent on a killing preee on the beach.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times