Author Topic: 1795 storyline what if.  (Read 913 times)

Offline TNickey2003

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
1795 storyline what if.
« on: March 09, 2006, 12:26:23 AM »
What if instead of [spoiler]strangling[/spoiler]Angelique, Barnabas had bitten her and turned her into a vampire as well? How would the 1795 storyline and storylines to follow have evolved instead?  At the very least it would have been poetic justice right then and there.  Would there have been a battle of supernatural powers between Barnabas and Angelique? Would Angelique have taken revenge by attacking the other members of the Collins family to turn them into vampires as well?

Interesting to consider the different storyline contingencies.
Alex adores Maggie Evans

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: 1795 storyline what if.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 01:39:42 AM »
interesting premise.

however by the end of the 1795 storyline barnabas was sickened by angelique and wanted nothing more than to be rid of her so perhaps by biting her and turning her into a vampire as well he would have forged some sort of bond and perhaps even a dependecy between them.

and he certainly didn't need that. ::)
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline stefan

• Full Poster
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 01:16:46 PM »
however by the end of the 1795 storyline barnabas was sickened by angelique and wanted nothing more than to be rid of her so perhaps by biting her and turning her into a vampire as well he would have forged some sort of bond and perhaps even a dependecy between them.

That explanation makes total sense but it does seem inconsistent that sometimes Barnabas bit someone and sometimes just killed them. Wouldn't a vampire have a strong instinct to bite anyone it could? That's what I thought vampires did. In many ways Barnabas didn't really fit the typical vampire mold. But, that's cool.

Offline Misa

• Full Poster
  • Is that you, Mr. Juggins?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 08:02:43 AM »
It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if Barnabas had bitten Angelique and turned her into his servant the way he did with Willie. I wonder if her will would have been strong enough to fight his will.

Misa

Offline tragic bat

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 12:29:29 PM »
I was under the impression that since Barnabus had only just awoken as a vampire seconds before [spoiler]killing Angelique[/spoiler]that he wasn't self-aware of his bloodlust, how to make servants, or turn people into vampires.  The only thing on his mind was Angelique and the language of her curse, not exploring new powers. 
“You could have devoted your life to a serious study of the occult instead of just being some freak who can tell the future!”--RT 1970 Roxanne.