Author Topic: Who would have made an interesting love interest for Julia besides Barnabas?  (Read 12729 times)

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Heather,
You go to the head of the class for that Postcard From The Edge: would love to be a fly on the wall in Julia's cabana, when the Jennings boys are lotioning up her fair skin for an outdoor iguana hunt.

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Too perfect! I love it! Nothing but the best for our dear doctor!

Happy to be of service, J-C    ;)  :-*

would love to be a fly on the wall in Julia's cabana, when the Jennings boys are lotioning up her fair skin for an outdoor iguana hunt.

LOL - many thanks Sandor. Another good story idea there...    >:D    :-*[/color] 

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I always thought that Professor Stokes and Julia would have made a great couple.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Julia and Elliot would have had the perfect marriage of convenience.  Both intelligent and well-educated, they  would have shared a world of common interests: science, metaphysics, literature, the theatre, travel.......

But each would have found their pleasures.......elsewhere.  ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
But each would have found their pleasures.......elsewhere.  ;)

Are you thinking they would've gone to their own separate (ahem)  Greek islands?
Julia99

Offline Autumn

• I Love DS!
    • View Profile
I think that julia was perfect for barnabas
she already knew what was and she kept
it a secret because she cared about him
and he cared about her too,thats why
he never made her a vampire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline cool_splash1

• I Love DS!
    • View Profile
If they would've really given Julia a serious love interest, I kind of like the idea of Roger and Julia...I'm not sure why.

You're not the only one seeing them as a couple.  Besides WereQ I mos def could see Roger.  I don't know if it would last thought Rog has a crazy sense of humor.  Remember when Vicki was trapped in that room and he was making noises and stuff.  Dude was a trip. 

Offline cool_splash1

• I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Actually, I think Stokes and Julia make a far better pairing than Barnabas and Julia.  I think Barn has too much "baggage"...heck he has whole STEAMER trunks FULL of baggage....  Julia shouldn't have to deal with that.  Plus, I think Barnabas takes her for granted sometimes.  Stokes and Julia just strike me as a great couple.

Now that would have been cool.  Let Barnabas see how she feels for a while.  He probably still wouldn't admit his feelings though.lol

IluvBarnabas

I don't think the good professor would be a good match, because he wouldn't tolerate her keepling him in the dark all the time! He had the patience of a saint just to put up with the nonsense that came with stepping into her and Barnabas' messes.

Tom.....no. Maybe Julia enjoyed those midnight hickeys more than she pretended, but somehow I don't think she would have wanted to have spend eternity sucking blood instead of transfusing it. [hall2_grin]

Quentin....just can't see these two as an item. Can't put my finger on it, but I just can't.

Roger.....well, maybe.....heaven knows the poor guy could use a NORMAL woman for once. Of course he'd have to get rid of his usual "there's nothing supernatural going on around here!" attitude.

Chris....actually this doesn't sound bad to me. I really liked him and Julia during the Leviathan period when [spoiler]they were both on the outs with Barnabas, firmly under the Leviathan's control at first and cold as a block of ice![/spoiler]

Still.....the one man who I think Julia fit with like a glove is....you guess it BARNABAS COLLINS!!! [hall2_wink]

Is there any fan fic where Barnabas and Julia do get together? (Not talking about the Sam Hall story after the show ended).

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
This might be narrow minded, but I just can't see Julia with anyone other than Barnabas! IMHO, they should have gotten together. I don't believe Barnabas was as oblivious to Julia as he pretended. She is almost his equal in attitude and speaking her own opinions, and perhaps that scares him just a bit, being the old-fashioned person that he is, and acknowledging her as someone hehe loved was in a way giving her power over him, over his emotions and his outlook on the world in general. Being the modern woman she is, her attitude could slowly change his own opinions of life and his place in it, and Barnabas is reluctant to change, I believe it frightens him.

All right, there were plenty of times when Barnabas was insensative to Julia's feelings, and once they became friends all those other women he kept falling head over heels for made him oblivious to some things around him, Julia most especially.

So now I'm contradicting myself, LOL! I'm not sure I know what to make of their relationship, accept for the fact that they definitely belong together.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Is there any fan fic where Barnabas and Julia do get together? (Not talking about the Sam Hall story after the show ended).

there is tons of it on the Julia list     Julia-B-and-JList-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

and on

www.juliahoffman.com
Julia99

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
I loved Connie's (as yet unfinished, alas) novel in which Quentin and Julia were a couple.  After reading it, I watched their scenes together again and I could definitely see the chem.  Grayson and Selby were very fond of one another (as platonic friends) in RL and I think it shows onscreen.

G.

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
there is tons of it on the Julia list

Yes IluvBarnabas, check out this yahoogroup with all the great J/B fanfic.  You can't go wrong, everything I've read there is great and they just keep coming, with all the challenges and on-going stories!!

I also agree with one poster's comment several pages back:  Julia needed someone and since Barnabas wasn't looking her way, any of those gorgeous studs would do.  That would certainly turn Barnabas' head.  LOL
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
Julia and Professor Stokes.  Definitely. They're both brilliant.  They're both interested in the supernatural (Julia from a scientific perpective and Stokes from an occult one), and after Barnabas, Stokes is probably her closest friend.  I'm pretty sure Stokes felt more than friendship towards Julia.

I think so too. I think the Professor carried a torch for her, but since he saw her feelings for Barnabas he never spoke of his own feelings.

I can't quite see her with Roger, though that would have been convenient, they lived in the same house and it would be natural for them to become first friends, and later the friendship deepens into love.

I've read fan fic that pairs her with Willie, but I can't see her with him, since they are very different. They did have one thing in common, for both of them their sun rose and sat on Barnabas.

It would have been nice for Julia to find someone since Mr. Barnabas Collins couldn't see her as anything more than a friend, all he wanted were the SYT's.

Alondra

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
their sun rose and sat on Barnabas.

Now there's a novel idea for fan fic.  [wink2]