Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0320  (Read 1124 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0320
« on: June 15, 2007, 06:38:43 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0320
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 09:31:56 PM »
Barnabas's existence is getting very complicated.  David's a threat.  Maggie's a threat.  Sarah's a threat.  Julia and Willie may not be threats, but they keep irritating him when they ought to know that it's their God-given role to support him and fawn on him.  It must be wonderful to be so unshakably certain that the world revolves around you, but it has its price.

David turns out to be a little smarter than Burke: at this point he knows better than to run around telling anybody and everybody he meets that Barnabas is bad.  And Burke now knows better than to push the subject of Barnabas with Vicky.  If I were Vicky, I'd have serious doubts about marrying somebody knowing that there was already one important forbidden subject.  But she's young, and in love, so what can you do?

When Julia walked out the door of Collinwood, with that backward look at Burke, I had a strong feeling that as soon as the door closed behind her, she was going to rush to find a phone booth and change into her SuperJulia outfit.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 09:51:48 PM »
It must be wonderful to be so unshakably certain that the world revolves around you

Ah, yes - that´s our Barn in a nutshell.  [lghy]

When Julia walked out the door of Collinwood, with that backward look at Burke, I had a strong feeling that as soon as the door closed behind her, she was going to rush to find a phone booth and change into her SuperJulia outfit.

Now THAT would have been interesting to see!  [b003]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 12:44:50 AM »
I have one question. Was it planed that the stormy and scary shows are in black and white. This has been perfect this week.  Barnabas needs to work on his people skills as is said in a nice movie.  Barnabas must have a problem that things don't revolve around him like they probobly did when he was growing up. Being the Oldest son, or only son. He  usually got what he wanted. That is until after he crossed a blond.

Burke is not trustworthy when it comes to Vickie.  He says he won't complain and worrry about Barn, but he does. David was better about it, that is for sure.  I have a question, when do people sleep in DS, Julia and Willie never got sleep. Maybe Julia needs a suit like bat girl, then maybe Barnabas would notice her.

Very good shows.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 04:59:05 AM »
LOL, Lydia!  I needed a laugh today!   [lghg]

I have one question. Was it planed that the stormy and scary shows are in black and white.
I don't think so... I think it was just a coincidence that those color episodes were lost.  David's dream was pretty spooky! [shkdg] As I watched, I wondered how great it would have looked in color - probably with psychedelic colors! [color] But it was still pretty scary!   There will be plenty of chances to see spooky dreams in color! [winkg]

I agree, David was acting with more sense than Burke - he knew how Vicki would feel about Barnabas.  Burke went ahead and told Vicki about it, anyway...  [hdscrt]

----- Sally -----

[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 03:58:58 PM »
It never surprises me whenever David acts with more sense than most of the adults around him because he's one of, if not the most intuitive character on the show. He processes situations easily and he sees them, as well as people, for what they are. Though he also makes his share of mistakes - particularly whenever his curiosity gets the better of him. But then, no one listens to their instincts 100% of the time. And unfortunately for David (but fortunately for the audience) that's when he gets himself into bad situations (but they make for great story  ;)).