Author Topic: Bloopers DVD  (Read 6752 times)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Re: Bloopers DVD
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2006, 04:13:03 PM »
Also that year, Joe Integlia introduced me to a fan who had a copy of Jonathan Frid's appearance on the Merv Griffin show. We made copies for everyone in my Gateway Hilton room. Thanks to her, we had that rarity for many years.

What *I* want to know is, does ANYONE have the interview Jonathan did on The Mike Douglas Show?  That's one I'd really like to see.  I've really enjoyed watching the blooper DVD, not for the bloopers or music videos 'cause I've got both those tapes, but for the extras.  It's WELL worth the $20 just for the 'extras', even the Salem thing LP did was interesting, especially since I've been to Salem.  Would actually like to go back when we have more time that just a couple hours, to look around.  Maybe that can be a future road trip, spend a day or two in Salem!  But I especially enjoyed the game shows, seeing Alex, Jon and Joan on What's My Line and Jon on Generation Gap was cool.  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2006, 04:34:37 PM »
Years later, at a Fest, she indeed sold it in one of the 2 auctions.  Can't remember the price they got for it, but it was pretty steep, couple hundred bucks as I recall.  ;)

The hair raised $325 for the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2006, 04:37:02 PM »
I really wish someone with the right connections would go through the masters for the 1970 episodes with the original commercials because a number of people have told me that Grayson Hall's Playtex commercial aired a number of times during DS in that year and this may be the only way to get hold of a copy of it--since it has failed to show up on various commercial compilations from the era.

I know it seems really compulsive to devote so much energy to this, but I know for a fact that I'm not the only fan who would really get a kick out of seeing that commercial again.  I have this really vague memory of it and every time I think of GH talking about a really scientific bra for today's woman... well, it gives me a smile!

Best, G.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2006, 04:37:22 PM »

Wow, that's a hairy thought.

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2006, 04:38:57 PM »
Wow, that's a hairy thought.
I was found it rather hair-raising myself.  ;D

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2006, 04:44:29 PM »
 [lghy]  KLS knows how to part fans from their money.  ::)

Connie, you were probably thinking about this post:

Connie, about 15 years ago my cousin and I were going to Maine to see Stephen Kings mansion, and we stopped in NYC to stay with my cousin friend overnight.  While there we were looking at her "stuff" and there was Jonathan Frids hair.  ...

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2006, 05:25:34 PM »

See?  I *knew* the hair raised a couple C-Notes!  And to a very worthy cause I might add!  ;)

KLS knows how to part fans from their money.  ::)

In my BEST Linda Richman voice, "Yes, she does!"  ;)  And I respect her for it.   ;D

I really wish someone with the right connections would go through the masters for the 1970 episodes with the original commercials because a number of people have told me that Grayson Hall's Playtex commercial aired a number of times during DS in that year and this may be the only way to get hold of a copy of it--since it has failed to show up on various commercial compilations from the era.  I know it seems really compulsive to devote so much energy to this, but I know for a fact that I'm not the only fan who would really get a kick out of seeing that commercial again.

I'm one of them!

P.S. To the moderators, I can't seem to get the extra icons to load, twice now when I click on MORE the board freezes.  :(
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2006, 05:50:34 PM »
To the moderators, I can't seem to get the extra icons to load, twice now when I click on MORE the board freezes.  :(

I don't know what to tell you because the page has been coming up fine for me.  Which browser are you using?

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2006, 06:39:28 PM »
I don't know what to tell you because the page has been coming up fine for me.

Well, now I'm thinking it might be my computer or the company's Internet connection as it just happened on the IMDb page.  I was typing my reply to Gothick's wish to get the Platex commercial and was going to add that OVER HERE smiley.  When I clicked on MORE for the extra icons, it froze on me.

After posting this, I'm gonna try to open that page again.  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2006, 06:40:19 PM »
To the moderators, I can't seem to get the extra icons to load, twice now when I click on MORE the board freezes.  :(

I don't know what to tell you because the page has been coming up fine for me.

Same here. Hmmm...  [idontknow]  But perhaps it has something to do with your Internet connection. If so, the problem *should* resolve itself - *eventually*.  ;)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2006, 06:44:02 PM »
Well, now I'm thinking it might be ... the company's Internet connection as it just happened on the IMDb page.

See - what was I just saying?  :D

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2006, 06:58:40 PM »
i remember the kinescopes being one when barnabas got old and one from 1795. those 2 had already been syndicatd at that time bu then there was one or two from 1968 when they were trying to create eve and use carolyn as the life force and then one or two from 1897. i would also liketo see frid on mike and also he did dick cavett show a few times. joan bennett was on mike again in the mid 70s promoting susperia and mentioned still getting fan mail from ds fans.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2006, 07:50:44 PM »
i would also liketo see frid on mike and also he did dick cavett show a few times. joan bennett was on mike again in the mid 70s promoting susperia and mentioned still getting fan mail from ds fans.

I wish the Fest/MPI had dug up any on air interviews given by Thayer and Grayson either during the run of the show or shortly therafter where maybe they spoke about the show for the 25th Anniversary tape MPI did back in 1990 (wow, hard to believe that I got into fandom at the 24th Anniversary and we've just celebrated the 40th, but I digress...).

They did this for Joan (the above-mentioned Mike Douglas interview) and Kate Jackson who I assume they weren't able to interview then, or she wasn't willing...This would be a good thing to try and do if they decided to re-issue that wonderful tape on DVD.

I'd also like to see Casting Shadows, which was done mid 80's I think, put to DVD.  I've got a copy I got from a fan a LONG time ago.  Then of course my FANTASY---the Cheep Production skits and Baby Dark Shadows being put on DVD.   ;D
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2006, 11:34:26 PM »
i have many of the skits on vhs that i can put on dvd. as for baby dark shadows thats richard halperns deal.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2008, 09:55:52 AM »
I have this really vague memory of it and every time I think of GH talking about a really scientific bra for today's woman... well, it gives me a smile!

I too would love to see this.  YOU KNOW WHAT?  If the fans were doing the DVDS and not just MPI head honchos who could care less then all this stuff would be dug up and we would have some great stuff on our hands.   Sadly, we will probably never see this stuff.  I wonder if MPI is even interested in trying to do some more compliation DVDS with stuff like this on it.  I would also love to see Grayson's interview on one of the talk shows which I beleive is listed in the almanac and occured in 1970.  I think she appeared with Jon if I am not mistaken.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/