Author Topic: parts you can't re-watch?  (Read 6343 times)

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
Re: parts you can't re-watch?
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2006, 01:47:58 AM »
Mscbryk, if you have a Netflix account you can rent the 1840 DVDs from there, if they ever get volume 25 in their inventory!!
great news do they have the whole series?

Yes, Jennifer, Netflix has the whole DS DVD series available, though they have not listed vol 25 or 26 in their inventory yet, sigh....

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2006, 07:26:59 PM »
The whole 1970 Parallel Time I never will watch again, due to the absence of Barnabas, Julia, Roger, Elizabeth, Carolyn, Willie, Maggie. I never really liked any of the PT leftovers or the stories.

Offline rainingwolf

• Full Poster
  • Not all wolves are werewolves!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2006, 11:39:28 PM »
The episode was so distressingly brutal when
[spoiler]Barnabas beat up Willie. [hall2_cry] [hall_cry]
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History..."

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2006, 01:07:21 AM »
The episode was so distressingly brutal when
[spoiler]Barnabas beat up Willie.[/spoiler]

Did you see HODS?  [spoiler]That beating of Willie was way worse[/spoiler]  Made me cringe!

[female_skull]
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2006, 02:44:21 PM »
Did you see HODS?  [spoiler]That beating of Willie was way worse[/spoiler]  Made me cringe!

Oh yeah, [spoiler]Barnabas beated Willie a million times worse in HODS than on the show. Poor Willie was shown all bloody and bruised when it was over. [hall2_embarrassed][/spoiler]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2006, 03:50:38 PM »
Oh yeah, [spoiler]Barnabas beated Willie a million times worse in HODS than on the show. Poor Willie was shown all bloody and bruised when it was over. [hall2_embarrassed][/spoiler]

I was surprised, watching the show, that Willie showed only a bruise or two after Barnabas beat him.  The look on Barnabas's face suggested he might or might not stop short of murder.  When he brought the cane down, I jumped in my seat.

Offline rainingwolf

• Full Poster
  • Not all wolves are werewolves!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2006, 11:26:14 PM »
Quote from: BuzzH

Yes! That was terrible as well!It took me awhile to like Barnabas after that scene in DS, and I never DID like him in HODS after that! [hall2_cry]
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History..."

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2006, 12:46:14 AM »
The difference between the Barnabas in HODS and the Barnabas in the show was that Barnabas eventually became more humane, if not totally rehabilitated. The Barnabas in the movie, once he [spoiler]kills Julia Hoffman
[/spoiler] becomes totally unredeemable.

Even after watching HODS I still liked the Barnabas on the show, I just look at it that he and the one in the movie are two different Barnabas. One was more likable and more sympathetic than the other.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2006, 12:59:20 AM »
I just look at it that he and the one in the movie are two different Barnabas.

It's not just Barnabas - nearly every chararcter in hoDS is very different from their counterpart on the show.  ::)  Which is but one of the reasons why I've never understood the people who say it was nice to see DS on the big screen in hoDS. To me, the daytime DS and hoDS are practically as different as night and day.  :-

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2006, 01:15:46 AM »
It's not just Barnabas - nearly every chararcter in hoDS is very different from their counterpart on the show.  ::)  Which is but one of the reasons why I've never understood the people who say it was nice to see DS on the big screen in hoDS. To me, the daytime DS and hoDS are practically as different as night and day.  :-

True, the movie was very different from the show. In a sense I think that's why I liked the movie, it was a totally different Collinwood, with the same characters but different personalities and different outcomes.

Some have suggested that the movie was responsible for the show's demise. Whether that's true or not, I still like to drag out HODS on video now and then and watch it.

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2006, 05:54:33 PM »
I also have trouble watching the Quentin/Amanda romance, because it seemed to me like they just through an extra character in to the show, then expected everyone to love her, even Quentin, which was just not plausible or convincing to me. I thought Quentin and Beth were great together, but to have us believe that Quentin loves this Amanda who we and he hardly knows, just feels strange.

Okay, now I'll stop rambling. LOL!

That was perfectly put.  As I have said before and probably will say again, Amanda as a character fits the classic description of a Mary Sue in fanfiction:  a one dimentional character inserted into the action that everyone automatically loves for no dramatically established reason.

At least Amanda never got a crack at fixing the warp drive with a bobby pin..... [laughing_devil]

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2006, 05:57:32 PM »
1970PT I am dreading the purchase of, but I'm such a damn completist that it's inevitable.

GMTA -- The last deepdiscountdvd.com sale got me caught up except for these.  I'm in NO hurry.........

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2006, 06:01:01 PM »
Also, let's not forget Lang's experiment where we have to listen to his recorded message over and over, drives me crazy! ;D

[91a2] [laughing4]