Author Topic: Dark Shadows: New Audio Dramas from Big Finish  (Read 80089 times)

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Shadows: New Audio Dramas from Big Finish
« Reply #465 on: January 21, 2013, 05:57:33 PM »
As of right now, Big Finish does not have any entries for DS on their calendars in Vortex or on their site. That does not necessarily mean there won't be any releases in those months.  Let's say they have a title called Project XYZ, and as of now there are no releases planned for June. It's quite possible that next month, after work is done on Project XYZ-The Next Adventure, that title could be added to June's anticipated releases. In their news item on DS there was a promise of more information soon on releases for 2013. 

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 31, 2013, 09:06:24 PM »
Big Finish has announced that there will be seven more DS CDs for this coming year. Alas, there's no mention of a full cast follow up to Kingdom of the Dead   [snowball]
http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/brand-new-dark-shadows-for-2013

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 02, 2013, 04:05:41 AM »
I'm quite intrigued about The Lucifer Gambit.  Could the actor and character possibly be Humbert Allen Astredo as Nicholas Blair??

G.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 02, 2013, 08:16:39 PM »
That was my first thought.

:-*

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 18, 2013, 09:22:21 PM »
I've recently listed some of my Big Finish CDs on e-bay. All are in excellent condition and I'm happy to combine shipping.  If you're looking for a chance to add to your DS collection at a bargain price, this is it. :)

Please check out my auctions:

Kingdom of the Dead: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-Finish-Audio-Dark-Shadows-Kingdom-of-the-Dead-Complete-Season-2-Boxed-Set-/160992576009?ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123

Dress Me in Dark Dreams: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-Finish-Audio-Drama-CD-Dark-Shadows-24-Dress-me-in-Dark-Dreams-/160992574926?ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123

The House By the Sea: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-Finish-Audio-Drama-Dark-Shadows-The-House-by-the-Sea-/160992575183?ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123

ProfStokes

David

« Reply #470 on: May 16, 2014, 07:42:22 AM »
anyone listen to Carriage of the Damned? interesting partial explanation for the 1970/1840 paradox that almost makes sense!

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #471 on: October 16, 2015, 07:06:11 PM »
I'm playing catch up with these, recently having listened to Harvest of Souls and The Darkest Shadow.

Harvest of Souls I couldn't finish the first listen to, I wasn't in the mindset to listen to [spoiler]Maggie Evans attempt suicide[/spoiler]. I put it away for a couple weeks and pulled it out again and finished it. It was really bittersweet. The acting was pretty good, but I'm not entirely satisfied with the direction the characters went in.

The Darkest Shadow I finished this morning while at work. The first half was excellent, I loved it, tore my heart out in places! Then the second half happened and it all fell apart. Oh so many things so very wrong! And then they hamfistedly forced it to fit into The Haunted Refrain. The premise itself was good, but not the execution (IMHO).

I've heard Carriage of the Damned is good so I'm looking forward to listening to that next.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 16, 2015, 08:59:43 PM »
Are any of the original audio dramas available anywhere for download? I know, I'm coming in really late! But I'm glad to see that they are still prospering.

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #473 on: October 16, 2015, 10:12:42 PM »
They're still available over on the Big Finish Site so far as I know.

http://www.bigfinish.com/hubs/v/dark-shadows