Author Topic: Chillin' Out In Collinsport!  (Read 3318 times)

Online Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Re: Chillin' Out In Collinsport!
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2006, 03:23:35 PM »
Oh, the very thought of the fastidious Barnas Collins, walking along that bumpy path from the Old House to Collinwood, attired in one those heavy woolen three-piece-suits of his and  also that "oppressive" Inverness coat in all of this heat! :-

Excuse me while I "cool-off" and watch John Wayne and the always-comely Capucine in "North to Alaska"!  :) ;)  

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2006, 03:36:07 PM »
that bumpy path from the Old House to Collinwood

And there are the overhanging branches to be pushed out of the way.  You'd think Barnabas would send Willie out with a pair of clippers once in a while.

Online Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2006, 04:07:24 PM »
that bumpy path from the Old House to Collinwood

And there are the overhanging branches to be pushed out of the way.  You'd think Barnabas would send Willie out with a pair of clippers once in a while.

Oh, yes, and I can't get over feeling so bad for the earnest Ben Stokes, who probably first had to clear all of those trees, rocks, shrubs, etc., so that the unfailingly "gracious" Josua Collins could conveniently walk over from the newly constructed Collinwood to the Old House, to "encourage" his newleywed son, Barnabas, to get "cracking" and head down to the Collins shipyard (at about 5:30 in the morning) and put in, say, about an "easy" 12 hours on the shipbuilding activity!   :o >:(

No doubt, Mrs, Angelique Collins was just absolutely "thrilled" by her father-in-law's daily, pre-sunrise visits. ::)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2006, 04:17:33 PM »
so that the unfailingly "gracious" Josua Collins could conveniently walk over from the newly constructed Collinwood to the Old House, to "encourage" his newleywed son, Barnabas, to get "cracking" and head down to the Collins shipyard (at about 5:30 in the morning) and put in, say, about an "easy" 12 hours on the shipbuilding activity!   :o >:(

No doubt, Mrs, Angelique Collins was just absolutely "thrilled" by her father-in-law's daily, pre-sunrise visits. ::)

Can you just see Joshua as the grandfather to the children of a "mere SERVANT!"  I love that scene in 1795 when [spoiler]Barnabas has announced to his parents his intention to wed the comely witch and Joshua, thoroughly scandalized, says, "You can't marry this...this...SERVANT GIRL!" to which Naomi very sharply says, "Joshua!" and he quips back, "I am not making a disparaging remark!  I am merely pointing out a fact!"  Classic![/spoiler]   ;D
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2006, 07:11:28 PM »
WOW Frid has 6 pack abs!!!

Um, that was then, this is now.  I'm sure now he has a nice, octogenarian paunch.  ;)  However, having said that, he looks damn good for, what does he call himself, on "Ongoing Octogenerian".  And granted, he WAS skinny back in da day, but I do think he was sucking it in a little.   ;)

heehee quess i should have said had but i agree he looks good today ;) ;)
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline TNickey2003

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2006, 11:05:43 PM »
Maybe the pretty ladies of Collinsport could have a bathing beauty contest to pass the time for themselves and Collinsport's male populus during the heat wave.  ;).

If all else failed, I suppose that everyone could don their skimpiest of bathing suits,
Alex adores Maggie Evans

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2006, 01:16:25 AM »
After reading through this whole thread (a few days behind as usual), I have just one thing to say.....

SICK PUPPIES (Werewolf puppies of course!)[/color][/size]

Thanks guys -- this was just the laugh I needed after outpatient surgery today!

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2006, 03:01:11 AM »
Look. I'll tell you one thing. After spending a year here in sunny South Carolina, I would give anything to stick my tootsies in the water at Old Orchard Beach if only for a moment. ::steam!::
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2006, 03:16:55 PM »
this was just the laugh I needed after outpatient surgery today!

hope you feel better Pansity :)

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV