Author Topic: Info on Pre-Barnabas DVDs  (Read 7653 times)

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
Re: Info on Pre-Barnabas DVDs
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2006, 05:48:37 AM »
Hubby taught me well.  [wink2]

I work for at least six of them in my practice.  Thus, I well relate.  (I was also a paralegal in my former pre-self employed life.  I really miss getting vacations.)

Offline mpi_marketing

• I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2006, 09:32:13 PM »
First, thanks to everyone for sharing their opinions on this idea.  I'd also like thank Midnite for taking the time to clarify some of the questions regarding the club agreement.  I'll try to tackle some of the other questions that have arisen now...

The reason we state that the titles are not for resale is that we needed to add that language to exclude commercial accounts from obtaining exclusive club merchandise & marking that up for resale.  On price, remember we also have to sell other MPI titles through the major retailers, so if we compete with them directly on a price basis, that could harm the relationship.  I'd love it if we could always undercut their prices & provide the best deal, but sometimes that just isn't possible due to agreements.  By structuring the offer in this fashion, technically customers would be buying their Collections at full price, so it's not a direct pricing competition with them since the 6th Collection would be a "free premium".

As for distribution...we will make the series available to club members initially...some of you have taken note of the way we phrased that.  While we have no plans for retail distribution at this time, that does not necessarily mean that the title will never be available in retail outlets.  It will remain a club exclusive for a while after its release to make sure DVD Club members' benefits are protected though...

Hope that answers some of your questions/concerns...if you have any more, please feel free to ask them & I will do my best to address them...

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2006, 03:38:45 AM »
Any idea on what your price is going to be for the "The Beginning Sets" since they won't be a full 40 episodes?  What if I already had a Barnabas bobblehead?  Inquiring minds would like to know.

Offline mpi_marketing

• I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2006, 05:14:50 PM »
Price has not been set at this time...as soon as the exact contents on each collection has been compiled, I'll get that info out.  The Barnabas bobbleheads & others most likely will no longer be available if the new benefits (Buy 5, Get the 6th free) are approved officially.

Offline I Ching

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2006, 09:42:59 PM »
As one who has joined the DVD club in order to get the pre-Barnabas collections, my only request is to start releasing them ASAP.  Is there any chance that the initial release can be moved up from February of 2007?  I'd hate to have to wait five months after Collection 26 (in September) until the pre-Barnabas collections are released.  I realize that the special-issue DVD will be released in Oct/Nov, but that is not the same.
Hexagram # 51 - Chen (symbolizes the decisive moment when change is recognized)

Offline Devlin66

• Full Poster
  • Devlin For President in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Burke Devlins Yahoo 360
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2006, 11:38:54 AM »
so glad i kept the collector series vhs which includes the opening production slates, i am putting volumes 1-42 on dvd now with my new machine from Sears.
" When I gave Davey Collins the crystal ball I hoped he would see that I was his real father, and not that abusive Roger Collins!

Only Laura knows the truth regarding Davids paternity, and i am sure she remembers the back seat of that car Roger crashed.

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2006, 01:42:16 PM »
I'm pretty sure MPI will keep the slates for the DVD version of the ealry episodes- If they don't, they'll have a lot of pissed-off fans charging at their gates!!

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2006, 02:32:08 PM »
so glad i kept the collector series vhs which includes the opening production slates, i am putting volumes 1-42 on dvd now with my new machine from Sears.

Now that's not a bad idea!  I should do that w/my VHS tapes.  Now if I can only figure out how to convert VHS to DVD using my new DVD burner.  [hdscrt]
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"