Author Topic: Episode #1041  (Read 1265 times)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Episode #1041
« on: July 14, 2006, 04:48:20 PM »
Okay, while I normally don't let the LITTLE things get to me when watching eps, this one I must comment on as it drove me nuts!   [silly]

[spoiler]When Quention is caught leaning over Bruno's dead body and subsequently arrested for it, WHY is he not immediately hand-cuffed and put into the back of the inspector's squad car?  Why is he allowed to, un-hand-cuffed, stroll over to Collinwood to inform Maggie of what's going on?  And why in the hell does he pack a suitcase?  Do you realize how utterly RIDICULOUS that looked for him to walk out the door, suitcase in hand, to jail!?  OMG!  I was screaming at the TV!  It's not like, in a REAL jail, he'd be allowed anything he packed anyway!  And I've never heard of the charge SUSPICIAN OF MURDER, it's always just MURDER.  Does the state of Maine have a charge that the other 49 do not?  When he's packing he notices the mini-bust w/Bruno's scarf around the neck suggesting that Maggie IS a witch and killed Bruno.  He later tells Barnabas that he "found a voodoo DOLL".  Um, it wasn't a doll dummy, it was a mini bust.  Then once he's there he's allowed TWO visitors.  When was he arraigned?  Why were his lawyers already working on his release while he was still at CW packing?  Hello?  Do they not have a nightcourt in Collinsport?  Lastly, when they are awaiting the autopsy results on Bruno, he's roaming free in the visitor's room?  Um were they vacuuming out his cell?  And don't even get me started on his ridiculous escape!  Did he look like Hong Kong Phooey or what w/that lame karate chop to the inspector's neck?  Sheesh!   ::)

On a different note, WHY are Barnabas and Julia discussing keeping Angelexis alive in the CW drawing room where they can be overheard?  Why not go to Loomis House?  At least during Leviathan when B comes out of his funk and decides to spill all the beans to Julia he's smart enough to say, "Let's go to the Old House, I don't want Elizabeth, David or Amy to overhear us!"[/spoiler]

I don't know, like I said, I normally don't let these things get to me or spoil my DS viewing experience!  But these were just blatantly bad.  Very bad writing on the part of Gordon Russell.  He REALLY dropped the ball on this one!   ::)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Devlin66

• Full Poster
  • Devlin For President in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Burke Devlins Yahoo 360
Re: Episode #1041
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 05:33:41 PM »
one thing i do know...there was no night court in Collinsport...for arraignment or anything else.....but it was rumoured that the writers were going to give bartender bob a notary business at the blue whale along with some legal night school to help Sheriff Patterson handle such matters.....i think the gaelors in 1795 would of locked mr Q up and thrown away the key......"take the key and lock him up, lock him up, lock him up"
" When I gave Davey Collins the crystal ball I hoped he would see that I was his real father, and not that abusive Roger Collins!

Only Laura knows the truth regarding Davids paternity, and i am sure she remembers the back seat of that car Roger crashed.

Offline I Ching

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 06:37:39 PM »
Being involved in the law enforcement community in a small-town community, it is not unusual for more informal, courteous procedures to be taken.  I have known of many cases (not necessarily murder) where suspects are notified by phone that a warrant is being held for their arrest and arrangements are made for their turning themselves in.  If a person does this voluntarily, it goes a ways toward the ease of his/her release on bond.  This saves the arrestee the embarrassment of being hauled off to jail and saves the law enforcement agency the 'trouble" of having to go out and make the arrest.  Don't forget, that Quinten was a very prominent member (if not THE prominent member) of Collinsport society.  Also, Quinten could have called his lawyers before he left Collinwood, so they could have begun arranging his release before he ever arrived at the jail.  If the inspector/jailer knew that arrangements were being made for Quinten's release, it would not be beyond the realm that he was allowed to wait outside of a cell for the arrangements to be completed.  I've seen that happen before.  Of course, the waiting area would be secure to the extent that the prisoner could not just walk out of the door.

As for the "voodoo doll," I was also surprised when I heard him make that statement.  However, I remembered that Quinten was familiar with the practice of the "black arts."  Therefore, he would have been familar with the use a such dolls.  When he saw the bust with a scarf around his neck (as is done with a voodoo doll), he could have naturally assumed that it was being used as a voodoo doll.

I can't give any excuse for David Selby's not being David Carradine with the kung-fu chop.
Hexagram # 51 - Chen (symbolizes the decisive moment when change is recognized)

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 10:35:53 PM »
[spoiler]Lastly, when they are awaiting the autopsy results on Bruno, he's roaming free in the visitor's room?  Um were they vacuuming out his cell?  And don't even get me started on his ridiculous escape!  Did he look like Hong Kong Phooey or what w/that lame karate chop to the inspector's neck?  Sheesh!   ::)[/spoiler]

I almost fell out of my chair laughing at that. Fantastic, I completely blocked that scene out of my memory.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 10:34:36 PM »
[spoiler]Lastly, when they are awaiting the autopsy results on Bruno, he's roaming free in the visitor's room?  Um were they vacuuming out his cell?  And don't even get me started on his ridiculous escape!  Did he look like Hong Kong Phooey or what w/that lame karate chop to the inspector's neck?  Sheesh!   ::)[/spoiler]

I almost fell out of my chair laughing at that. Fantastic, I completely blocked that scene out of my memory.

I read this and just started laughing out loud.  How about Shaft !!!  :D
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate