Author Topic: Completely off topic  (Read 960 times)

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Completely off topic
« on: July 02, 2006, 12:46:53 AM »
I was looking at the Sephora website today and saw that the cosmetic brand "philosophy" has an eye cream called Dark Shadows! I almost bought it for the name but it is kind of pricey. Isn't that a hoot!   
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline D_Friedlander

• Full Poster
  • The REAL Wyndcliffe
    • View Profile
Re: Completely off topic
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 03:40:27 AM »
My personal motto:  Beware of "cosmeceuticals" (got that term from the "Cathy" comic strip) with too-clever names--- they seem to be the priciest!  (BTW, what are the chances of this stuff ever ending up in the local Odd Lot where *I* could buy it?)

Seriously, wouldn't this run into some kind of copyright infringment?  We can't be the ONLY people left on earth who attach a certain significance to that appellation.
"HISTORY IS ULTIMATELY AN INVENTORY OF GHOSTS."-----
GUILLERMO DEL TORO

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Completely off topic
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 12:45:45 PM »
Philosophy is know for their unique cosmetic names. A favorite of mine is "Hope in a jar" facial moisturizer. They have an awesome line of shower gels. I like the chocolate ice cream and you can also use them as shampoo's. Check them out on sephora.com.
I doubt you will find them in a local drug store ever but I know the Jessica Simpson line Dessert is in Walgreens and it is pretty fun stuff.
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"