Author Topic: Episode #0264  (Read 1517 times)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Episode #0264
« on: June 30, 2006, 03:52:15 PM »
As seen in today's slideshow, the pic of Jason looking somewhat skyward and Barnabas standing behind him in the drawing room of Collinwood is the scene I referred to in another recent thread about the absolutely awesome SMIRK Barnabas gave Jason when he asked, "What would a man like you want w/a man like Willie, hmmmmm?"   ;D
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline dvlvan26

• Full Poster
  • DS is the Greatest Show on Earth!
    • View Profile
Re: Episode #0264
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 04:30:57 PM »
I saw this episode on Box Set 2. Jason had on that house jacket, looking all homosexual. I remember Barnabas telling Jason to mind his own business. Later, Roger goes to see Barnabas at the Old House, trying to see how he could throw Jason out of the house.Also, Willie saw Sarah outside. I was heartbroken when sarah said that she couldn't find her parents. Overall, I think the episode was well-written, had good dialogue, and some fantastic scenes.
dvlvan26, Class of 2007

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 04:33:21 PM »
I saw this episode on Box Set 2. Jason had on that house jacket, looking all homosexual.

Interesting comment, check out Caption This for my take on that jacket!   ;D
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 04:56:59 PM »
Would have been even more fun if they had staged that scene with Jason in his smoking jacket and Barn wearing his dressing gown.  Poor Willie--the beaten-down butch fought over by the rival daddies!

G.

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 05:15:55 PM »
 [lghy]

I love these episodes, and I remember this one as a particular favorite. I love Jason's interactions with Roger and Barnabas....so priceless.  :)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 05:28:36 PM »
Would have been even more fun if they had staged that scene with Jason in his smoking jacket and Barn wearing his dressing gown. 

Yes!  That dressing gown of Barnabas' was SO hideous!  Even my gay friends think so!  ;)  However, I like his burgandy smoking jacket.   [pimp]
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 08:09:03 PM »
Oh, I'm quite fond of that dressing gown.  It really brings a whiff of "Eau de Liberace" to the series....
I agree however that Frid looked fabulous in the smoking jacket.  The shots of him actually smoking while wearing the jacket on the OH drawing room set (which I assume were snapped during a break--probably while Bill Chu was working on his book) are sooo deliciously HIP.

G.

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 09:15:19 PM »
I loved  Barnabas's dressing gown... That was one of my favorite costumes/outfits on the show. I liked the burgundy smoking jacket, too, but I just adore that dressing gown.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 09:22:35 PM »
I loved  Barnabas's dressing gown... That was one of my favorite costumes/outfits on the show. I liked the burgundy smoking jacket, too, but I just adore that dressing gown.

Yes, I do too and that burgundy jacket was very nice as well.

Nancy

Offline petofi

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • " Collinwood '68 - Fashions courtesy of Ohrbach's"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2006, 06:42:42 PM »
Loved the "smoking jackets" various characters wore on the show- my favorite has to be Evan Hanley's green number in 1897.  Now that's a dressing gown!  As for Jason looking "all homosexual," there is a copy of an ABC standards and practices memo in the Intro of Barnabas book which refers to Jason making a comment to Willie about being "the lady of the house!"  The censors were concerned that there was a "relationship" implied between Willie and Barnabas and they warned the producers/writers to see that the line was removed or delivered appropriately.  Too much!

Petofi

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2006, 12:26:37 AM »
Yes, I do too and that burgundy jacket was very nice as well.

Interesting thing about that burgundy jacket is that, unless I'm mistaken, it did double duty.  I could swear that that jacket (or one closely resembling it) was worn by Quentin in one episode.  Don't have the episode number to hand, but it's in 1897, the confrontation scene between him and Magda after she has cursed him.  He is totally falling down drunk and nasty and in his drunken rambling he is realizing he really did love Jenny and, on the basis of that is begging Magda to remove the curse.

Would make sense to recycle the period wardrobes when possible.  Good period costuming does NOT come cheap.  I also remember in one of the later storylines where Karlen and Selby seem to have been sharing some jackets back and forth.

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics