Author Topic: Night of the Iguana - Captures [8]  (Read 1614 times)

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Night of the Iguana - Captures [8]
« on: June 24, 2006, 05:06:50 PM »
Judith gets to see an artist's sketches...I adore art references in stories.  :D

This is at the point when Judith and the gang are about to leave the resort/hotel. The following two show Judith's reaction when Maxine makes a rather bold/disparaging remark about why Judith is so upset about Charlotte and the Reverend--including a comment about "...the dykes in Texas..."
[anyone who knows me knows that I am not homophobic by any means, so I meant no offense whatsoever in mentioning that quote. Comprende, amigos? Gracias... ;))

Judith asks Shannon what is Maxine talking about...

And the Rev. tells Judith to "just go." [The reverend later comments to Maxine that if Judith realized the truth about herself, it would destroy her....]

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Night of the Iguana - Captures [8]
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 01:31:35 PM »
[The reverend later comments to Maxine that if Judith realized the truth about herself, it would destroy her....]

I watched this movie on TV at age 15 or so because Grayson Hall was in it.  I clearly remember hearing this line and thinking to myself, "The truth about herself....like...that she's not a nice person?"  I watched it last month on DVD, and am still reeling from the shock of realizing the truth about myself:  I was an absolute moron at age 15.

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 05:12:31 PM »
I watched this movie on TV at age 15 or so because Grayson Hall was in it.  I clearly remember hearing this line and thinking to myself, "The truth about herself....like...that she's not a nice person?"  I watched it last month on DVD, and am still reeling from the shock of realizing the truth about myself:  I was an absolute moron at age 15.

Oh my god that gave me a good chuckle today .. .  ;D
Julia99

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 09:31:04 PM »

I had to laugh at this one.  Glad to see I wasn't the ONLY teenager who had comments like this whizz RIGHT over their heads!  Then again back in the day, teenagers were a LOT more sheltered and naieve than they are now. [angel12]

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 01:26:13 AM »
Heather, these are gorgeous images!  Spectacular!

Thanks so much for sharing all the goodies.

xo Steve

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 08:00:32 PM »

Oh my god that gave me a good chuckle today .. .  ;D

Chortle...funny, that bit ("the truth about herself") never went over my head. However, I'm still reeling from the shock that I was a moron for not realizing that Grayson was wearing a wig during the early Julia scenes, until a certain someone tactfully pointed it out to me... my Gramma Rose (who donned a choice hairpiece at one time) would not be proud. ::)

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 08:20:14 PM »
The other night, GSN aired Sue Lyon's What's My Line? episode.  She was the Mystery Guest and was there to promote NOTI.  However, she did not mention Grayson.  :(

I'm not surprised, unfortunately...  :( ::)
And, thanks J99 for pointing out the other actress, Mary Boylan...

Thanks so much for sharing all the goodies.

Anything for you, sweetcakes   ;)