Author Topic: Barnabas Collins' supernatural powers in 1967  (Read 3655 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Re: Barnabas Collins' supernatural powers in 1967
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 10:45:52 PM »
I seem to remember that Barnabas once told Carolyn (his new "assistant") that that warlock (or witch doctor?) on one of those Caribbean islands, HAD told Mr. B. the "secret, magic number of the universe."

Let me tell you,THAT'S some mighty useful "mumbo-jumbo," that I'd really like to know myself.  Say, right about when either the Mega-Millions or the Powerball lottery jackpot hits a couple of hundred million big ones!!! [cheers] [beer] [crowdhappy] [love3] [iroc] [occasion1]

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2006, 04:17:02 AM »
I seem to remember that Barnabas once told Carolyn (his new "assistant") that that warlock (or witch doctor?) on one of those Caribbean islands, HAD told Mr. B. the "secret, magic number of the universe."

You can tell its been one of THOSE weeks at work.  I just got the mental image of Ford Prefect whispering "42" in Barnabas' ear.

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2006, 03:49:18 PM »

You can tell its been one of THOSE weeks at work.  I just got the mental image of Ford Prefect whispering "42" in Barnabas' ear.

Wasn't Ford Prefect, the late, lamented Compo's buddy in "Last of the Summer Wine" (otherwise known as "Dark Shadows Comes to Yorkshire")? :-

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2006, 11:39:41 PM »
Wasn't Ford Prefect, the late, lamented Compo's buddy in "Last of the Summer Wine" (otherwise known as "Dark Shadows Comes to Yorkshire")?

Dunno, never saw that show.  However, the one I was thinking of was the one in Douglas Adams' Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, wherein the answer to life, the universe and everything is said to be FORTY TWO.

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2006, 12:41:16 AM »
You must not be Sicilian.  We toss curses at one another like throw pillows...... ;)

Sicilians toss throw pillows at each other?!!    Is that what Tony, Paulie, and Silvio do when the cameras are turned off?!    Is life to be filled with more and more disillusionment for me?!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2006, 02:26:59 PM »
Sicilians toss throw pillows at each other?!!    Is that what Tony, Paulie, and Silvio do when the cameras are turned off?!    Is life to be filled with more and more disillusionment for me?!

Oh, but imagine the Sicilian surprises that might be stuffed into those pillows!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2006, 04:02:25 PM »
You must not be Sicilian.  We toss curses at one another like throw pillows...... ;)

Sicilians toss throw pillows at each other?!!    Is that what Tony, Paulie, and Silvio do when the cameras are turned off?!    Is life to be filled with more and more disillusionment for me?! 

Let me re-phrase: We Sicillians toss curses at one another like OTHER people toss throw pillows....okay?

Sheesh!!.... ::)

[lghy]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2006, 09:31:35 PM »
Let me re-phrase: We Sicillians toss curses at one another like OTHER people toss throw pillows....okay?

Sheesh!!.... ::)
I understand that, but gosh, you're making the assumption that OTHER people DO toss throw pillows.  I, for one, have never tossed a throw pillow at someone  in my life.  Got to try it sometime.