Author Topic: Shilling Shockers DVD giveaway 2! With special Easter Leg...er Egg!  (Read 4797 times)

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Shilling Shockers DVD giveaway 2! With special Easter Leg...er Egg!
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2006, 05:15:30 PM »
They're two different games. The first Dark Shadows one has a paper game board and playing cards (the Barnabas wallet photos are the extra in it that seems to be rarely ever found with the game). The Barnabas one has the spinner and the skeletons to build.

Being the collector that I am, I have both games with the two wallet photos and the fangs. I actually just got the Dark Shadows game a couple of weeks ago from a friend. He'd had it packed away for years and it's in excellent condition. The wallet photos don't even have creases. Don't have the viewmaster reels or the puzzles.

Wish I could've seen the easter egg, PennyDreadful, but since I had one of the first copies you sent out, I didn't reply for the new one.  :)

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
Re: Shilling Shockers DVD giveaway 2! With special Easter Leg...er Egg!
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2006, 02:35:12 AM »
I just wanted to make a few short comments having now picked up the latest "Scary Monsters."  :-[  I was a bit chagrined, first, while it's flattering to be called a "Dark Shadows" expert, I can tell you I know I bow to many others, such as Bobubas, Guy H., Helen Samaras and several other of our board members among them. I don't remember anyone from the magazine identifying themselves as such while visiting our table, I would most certainly have identifed my "friend" as my own "Josette", my wife Diane.  Lastly, the items on our table were not for sale, only part of our collection just to to share and  open conversations and memories on Dark Shadows. With that said, it is an honor to share even a mention in an issue that also features our dear Penny Dreadful and also one of the nicest collectors I've met, Dan Roebuck. While in  Los Angeles last year for the fest, I met Dan and we played phone tag until on my last day I went over to see his incredible collection. He has a Planet of the Apes collection to die for! And a life size Lugosi, and Black Lagoon Creature. As always, Scary Monsters back pages are the best wish list since the late Captain Company. I hope to be part of the Chesapeake Monster fest again next year. Rob Floyd and I are both big fans of the "Phantom of the Paradise" and have talked about possibly doing a history of the "Phantom of the Opera" in his various incarnations.
 [Skull2]
Michael
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
glitch
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2006, 06:31:58 AM »
Just wanted to apologize for the glitch on the DVD menus screens.  Thanks to Retzev for letting me know.  Our editor forgot to loop the menu so that when the music ends it goes right into the easter egg instead of starting over again.  The problem has since been corrected on the new master copy.

Penny
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com