Author Topic: Sci Fi Channel to add wrestling to their schedule  (Read 4280 times)

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Sci Fi Channel to add wrestling to their schedule
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2006, 03:05:15 PM »
Well, I guess it's fitting for the Sci-Fi Channel, since its decline from being classy into being clumsy.  After all, what can be more "fiction" and more "horror-able" than professional wrestling?

Gerard

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2006, 01:27:29 AM »
Apparently some rookie in the programming department saw all those Buck Rogers episodes and concluded that science fiction = spandex. Therefore, wrestling is appropriate programming for a science fiction network.  ;D

[laughing_devil]  Scary thing is you're probably RIGHT.  And they're probably NOT rookies either.

I remember when they were first plugging the channel at the local Science Fiction club gatherings 10-15 years ago.  How shocked these guys were that the High Council and members of the Dr. Who Club (The Prydonians of Princeton -- 1200 members in 48 states and 6 foreign countries) were adults with real jobs, and not 15 year old brainburn cases.

They never have had an idea what the target audience for a Science Fiction channel REALLY is.

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline Willie

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2006, 04:38:10 PM »
I sincerely hope that their wrestling show the other night produced the lowest ratings of any show since the inception of their network, and volumes of hate mail that it'll take them until the middle of August to sort through.  But would even that be enough to penetrate their skulls?  Probably not.