Author Topic: 11 Movies Voted Most Likely To Have Traumatized You As A Kid  (Read 143 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
11 Movies Voted Most Likely To Have Traumatized You As A Kid
« on: February 07, 2024, 04:46:40 PM »
11 Movies Voted Most Likely To Have Traumatized You As A Kid

I don't know - of the movies on the list that I saw as a kid, none of them traumatized me. But maybe that's just me... [idontknow]

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: 11 Movies Voted Most Likely To Have Traumatized You As A Kid
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 05:31:56 PM »
Hi MB i. Can only think of two movies Halloween and Nightmare on Elm Street.
Anne 👀
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2024, 09:15:27 PM »
Old Yeller freaked me out more than any horror movie ever did.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2024, 11:41:15 PM »
I remember watching “Bambi” in a movie theater packed with a bunch of young kids. I don’t think there was a dry eye in the house when Bambi’s mother was shot and killed by a hunter (probably William Shatner before he off’d that moose on “The American Sportsman”).

Beam me up, Betty White!

PS I wonder if Joe Haskell, Burke Devlin or Ezra Braithwaite ever bagged a moose up there in Hancock County, Maine?

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2024, 02:17:50 AM »
By all means, for me, Old Yeller topped the list.  They shot him.  You don't shoot dogs!  And then Bambi was #2, with his mother heading off to the summer sausage factory.  And, coming in at #3 - not the whole movie, just a single scene - was when the Wicked Witch appeared in her large crystal ball, her entire face taking up the whole TV screen, staring at me with that maniacal laugh as she tormented Dorothy, which drove me to hide behind the main living room rocking chair.  And ranking up there was another Disney flick, Little Dog Lost, about just that - a helpless, little puppy becomes separated from his new family on an outing.  I cried my eyes out when that terrified, little pup on his stubby, little legs, fled from that menacing broom flowing down a rapid stream.  My mother tried for a long time to console me.

Gerard

Online Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2024, 09:26:56 AM »
I think I told this once before here.  But when I was young I saw a movie about the Mormons and their traveling to Utah and there was the swarm of locusts and I was terrified for a long time after that.  Regular horror movies never bothered me (although I don't know if I really saw any when I was too young), but this one was horrible!
Josette

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2024, 12:21:26 AM »
I saw Bambi when I was very young and extremely naive..When Bambi is told that Man has taken his beloved mother from the forest, I thought that he had gotten her an apartment in the city somewhere. My parents chose not to correct that impression.

Hey, Bob, wouldn't it have been hysterical if the moose that Joe, Burke and the guys were hunting turned out to be Bullwinkle?
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2024, 02:03:44 AM »
One of my favorite '90's cartoons was Animaniacs "Slappy Squirrel."  She was an older, retired actress squirrel who appeared in cartoons; she was rather crabby in her senior years and was kept busy raising her young nephew.  In one of the episodes, they're watching a variation of Bambi and her nephew is traumatized by the the fawn's mother ending up as dinner.  He can't be convinced that it was just a movie and the deer who played the role was Slappy's old Hollywood friend and is alive and well.  She has to take her nephew out to a Retired Jewish Animated Characters Community in the desert where the nephew's fears are calmed as he meets her who, now, decades after the film, looks like Grandma Yetta from The Nanny.  Satisfied, they fly back home and - unfortunately - the in-flight film was a variation of Old Yeller.  After the scene of the loyal dog getting a blast, the nephew bursts into tears again.  Slappy looks at the camera and says:  "Here we go again."  I laughed my head off.

Gerard

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2024, 02:18:07 AM »
I saw Bambi when I was very young and extremely naive..When Bambi is told that Man has taken his beloved mother from the forest, I thought that he had gotten her an apartment in the city somewhere. My parents chose not to correct that impression.

Hey, Bob, wouldn't it have been hysterical if the moose that Joe, Burke and the guys were hunting turned out to be Bullwinkle?

Uncle Roger,

Although we never saw one of these during DS’s run, to see Joe, Burke, Ezra and, maybe even Dr. Eric Lang roaming the vast grounds of the Collins estate and hunting the beloved Bullwinkle would have been an absolutely great crossover of DS and Rocky & Bullwinkle!  [ChristmaS2] [snowball-fight] [christmas_snow]