Author Topic: King Johnny Romano  (Read 1253 times)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
King Johnny Romano
« on: April 24, 2006, 08:34:25 PM »
Offhand, does anyone know how many episodes King Johnny Romano appears in?  I just watched his first two and looking at the episode index for boxset 16 it looks like he's only in one other.
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
Re: King Johnny Romano
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 10:25:22 PM »
If I remember right, King Johnny's in about 8 episodes altogether.

Michael
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline Ian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 11:47:06 PM »
He appears in episodes 820, 821, 826, 827, and 828. :)

Offline petofi

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • " Collinwood '68 - Fashions courtesy of Ohrbach's"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 04:17:10 PM »
That he appears in so fews eps is a testament to Paul Michael's ability to create a truly memorable character- we all remember him and I personally still get a kick out of his scene-stealing King Johnny.  The writers really gave him some good feature scenes, and a lot of over-the-top Gypsy scene chewing.  I often wonder how he would have been in other roles on the show.  Paul Michael was a busy stage actor at the time, including stints as a chorus boy in musicals. I sometimes envision him as a what-might-have-been Sandor(no offense to Thayer David's fantastic portrayal).

Petofi

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 08:16:51 PM »
That he appears in so fews eps is a testament to Paul Michael's ability to create a truly memorable character

Very true!  There are other characters who did this as well--Buffie Harrington and my personal fave Buzz Hackett--just to name two.  I've not seen 1970 PT yet, but I've always heard fantastic things about Buffie and the actor that played her, Elizabeth Eis.  She was even at a Festival once.  Buzz was only in 4 episodes, but he made quite an impression didn't he?  Especially, obviously, on me!  ;)

Just saw KJR's last ep btw, 5 total.  So sad that Paul Michael didn't get the opportunity to return in another role (although he IS in HODS for about 2 seconds--he's the guy that wakes up Jeff and gives him the time before Jeff heads out to St. Eustace Island).  But PM was great as KJR, his scenary chewing was right up there w/Grayson's!  ;)  And I especially loved [spoiler]the way he'd laugh at Magda when he, Istvan and the other 'jurors' are chasing her through the cemetary after her gypsy trial[/spoiler]

Wish Michael Hadge (Buzz) would come to a Fest, sigh.... :-
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 11:58:50 PM »
Ah yes, King Johnny was great!  It was lots of fun watching that character onscreen.  I think Paul Michael, Grayson Hall and Thayer David all had a blast playing their gypsy roles to the hilt.
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline petofi

• Full Poster
  • " Collinwood '68 - Fashions courtesy of Ohrbach's"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 12:45:54 AM »
Speaking of Michael Hadge, he's an old friend of Al Pacino's and produced his 1996 film, "Looking for Richard."

Petofi

Offline Ian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 02:31:23 AM »
On a side note...

I've not seen 1970 PT yet, but I've always heard fantastic things about Buffie and the actor that played her, Elizabeth Eis.  She was even at a Festival once.

I thought that EE did a great job as Buffie! If I can remember correctly, she was also in one episode during the Leviathan storyline, and then later she was in another three episodes in 1840. I remember seeing her in the Leviathan storyline, but I can't remember how memorable she is. I think that [spoiler]she was just there as another person for Barnabas to kill,[/spoiler] but I could be wrong. Since I got a lot of money and gift certificates for Christmas, I went to Best Buy and bought the DVD collection for the end of 1970PT, and Buffie was great. I wish I could've seen some of her earlier material in the role, but I'm sure I will someday. I'm also anxious to see her three episodes as Mildred Ward to see if she captures my attention there as well as she did as Buffie.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2006, 04:20:34 PM »
I thought that EE did a great job as Buffie! If I can remember correctly, she was also in one episode during the Leviathan storyline, and then later she was in another three episodes in 1840. I remember seeing her in the Leviathan storyline, but I can't remember how memorable she is.

I didn't realize EE was in other plotlines, but then I've never seen Leviathan and 1840 was viewed years ago on Sci-Fi.  Coming up fast on Leviathan though, almost done w/1897--yippee!
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline victoriawinters

• Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 05:10:35 PM »
I'm watching 1970PT and Elizabeth Eis is very shinny at Buffie Harrington.  The other shinny one is Paula Laurence as Hannah Stokes.  I want all of her rings!

And then naturally, Buzz rocks in his story line.  He is so furry, funny and divine.  It would be simply charming to have him at the next fest.