Author Topic: Come on over to the Old House Madam  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Come on over to the Old House Madam
« on: April 20, 2002, 07:18:24 PM »
I thought it was fairly interesting that Joshua sends Natalie a secret note to meet  him at the Old House. . .being as she hasn't been in many scenes lately..off mourning poor Josette and being trapped up in Collinsport. . Considering her 'cosmopolitan' nature. . it  would've been fun to have her wonder, what the old Dog up to, how depressed does he *think* I am, not *that* depressed or desperate??

BTW--glad to see Natalie get a 3rd dress! [ltng] SPOILER:  I do think this is the last we see of her though (this time). . .
Julia99

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
Re: Come on over to the Old House Madam
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2002, 10:59:38 PM »
I thought it was fairly interesting that Joshua sends Natalie a secret note to meet  him at the Old House. . .being as she hasn't been in many scenes lately..off mourning poor Josette and being trapped up in Collinsport. . Considering her 'cosmopolitan' nature. . it would've been fun to have her wonder, what the old Dog up to, how depressed does he *think* I am, not *that* depressed or desperate??

BTW--glad to see Natalie get a 3rd dress! [ltng] [spoiler]I do think this is the last we see of her though (this time). . .[/spoiler]

I've always loved these last scenes between Joshua and Natalie. Their relationship definitely was changing. I would like to have seen more scenes of these two dealing with the loss of their loved ones. The "new" dress was lovely, also. Finally, a dress that wasn't all ruffles and flounce. You could see how really thin Grayson was.

And I loved her delivery of the line "You think me her accomplice?"  :)

Bette (who is starting to wish she had come up with a more interesting username than her own, maybe Magda?) [idea2]
Life works if you let it

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2002, 12:58:57 AM »
Bette (who is starting to wish she had come up with a more interesting username than her own, maybe Magda?) [idea2]

Please feel free to change it, Bette!  The name Magda is available, as are several other of her characters' names.

I hope my posts about multiple identities didn't scare anyone away from changing their registered username.  I do understand that a registered member might change his or her mind about what name they'd like to use here, and changing it within a profile changes the usernames in all previous posts made under that membership too.

If you change an email address, however, it's just a little bit more complicated in that a new password will be issued by the board that's needed before the account can be accessed again.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to mention all this, Bette. :)

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2002, 02:19:10 AM »
Please feel free to change it, Bette!  The name Magda is available, as are several other of her characters' names.

Thanks Midnite. I'll think about it for a while.  :D

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2002, 03:11:16 AM »

Thanks Midnite. I'll think about it for a while.  :D

Bette

I say go for it!
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2002, 03:00:34 PM »
In a parallel time to this one, I always hoped Joshua's and Natalie's counterparts were having a lusty affair.  I honesrly felt great chemistry between these two characters and would have enjoyed seeing them together more often.

At first, she pranced into Collinwood, putting down everything within sight, but I guess after losing her beloved niece, she realized what was most important in this life, and when a desperate Joshua turned to her for help, she was more than willing to do so.  He didn't dare get Naomi involved, yet he knew the Countess would be both sympathetic and discrete to Barnabas' plight.  

Good stuff!

Love, Robin

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2002, 07:39:44 PM »
You know its interesting. . .I did think the characters Joshua and Natalie, particularly noted in these 2 last eps together did have some chemistry and were attractive together. . .I say its interesting 'cuz I never thought that about Roger and Julia. . .Roger was just too priggish and Julia otherwise occupied.  This again shows me the skill Grayson, in particular, had in 'creating' an entirely different character (mannerisms, walking, attitude). And my hat off too to Louis Edmonds. . .Joshua was one upstanding dude.
Julia99