Author Topic: Some Odds and Ends  (Read 871 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Some Odds and Ends
« on: April 20, 2002, 06:50:39 AM »
Just some little details that jumped out at me:

The tower room - I was surrpised by the lock on the outside of the door.  Didn't they always have to use a key to get in?  It certainly made it convenient for Millicent in this case, but there were other stories when someone had to get the key or lost the key, etc.

Bathia Mapes - how is one supposed to know that that is who she is?  That name appears in the credits, but I don't think she ever identifies herself!!

Especially since Joshua was standing at the door watching the carriage leave (we even heard it), surely he must have been aware that Nathan and Millicent weren't in it!!
Josette

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Some Odds and Ends
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2002, 08:01:00 AM »
Bathia Mapes - how is one supposed to know that that is who she is?  That name appears in the credits, but I don't think she ever identifies herself!!

Bathia ("Go to the house of the curse") Mapes' name will be mentioned eventually.  Joshua will say it when he's explaining to Naomi that Angelique put a curse on the family.

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2002, 01:28:18 PM »
Just some little details that jumped out at me:

The tower room - I was surrpised by the lock on the outside of the door.  Didn't they always have to use a key to get in?  It certainly made it convenient for Millicent in this case, but there were other stories when someone had to get the key or lost the key, etc.

SPOILER.........

I think you are right about the key. In 1879, Judith uses a key to lock Crazy Jenny in the room. Also, Edward Collins is placed in the tower during the same storyline and it was a key lock...
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2002, 10:43:52 PM »

SPOILER.........

I think you are right about the key. In 1879, Judith uses a key to lock Crazy Jenny in the room. Also, Edward Collins is placed in the tower during the same storyline and it was a key lock...

Maybe Joshua learned a lesson from what happened to Millicent and added the lock later.

ProfStokes

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2002, 04:05:18 AM »

Yeah, how curious that the tower room would require a key, whereas I can't ever recall a key being required to enter the main entrance (front door) to Collinwood.

Ben

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2002, 09:49:47 AM »
("Go to the house of the curse")

Lol!! Midnite, that is my favorite blooper!

"Calamity Jane"

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2002, 03:50:16 PM »

Lol!! Midnite, that is my favorite blooper!

Me, too, Cassandra!  I can only imagine what might have happened if Joshua had to ask her for her name ... more off-camera prompting?  ;D

It's moments like this one that make DS uniquely charming.  I can be having a bad day, and if I'm lucky enough to recall that scene, my mood instantly lightens.  

Thanks, Midnite and Cassandra, for brightening up a cold, dreary, rainy Sunday morning.

Ben
(in Chicago, where just two days ago it was 88 and balmy)