Author Topic: A Question Regarding the “House of Dark Shadows” DVD  (Read 184 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
A Question Regarding the “House of Dark Shadows” DVD
« on: July 27, 2023, 06:05:35 PM »
Hey, gang,

I was wondering if the HODS dvd has any dvd extras, such as a dvd commentary or other dvd extra features? I have an old vhs copy of HODS, that in the words of the venerable Eagle Hill Cemetery Caretaker, “has seen better days.”  [easter_undecided] [easter_wink]

And, does the “Night of Dark Shadows” dvd also come with any dvd extras?

Thanks,

Bob

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: A Question Regarding the “House of Dark Shadows” DVD
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2023, 06:44:58 PM »
Oh, Bob Bob Bob, if only. The only extra, if you can even call it that, considering both are also on the daytime series DVDs, is the individual film's own trailer. Well, there are also subtitles in French, German, Italian and two versions of Spanish, and audio dubbing in German, Italian and Spanish  - but most wouldn't really consider those as extras like they would commentaries and/or featurettes. Warner Brothers wouldn't spring for anything else. But then these are the same peope who wouldn't pay for the restoration of NoDS or even using the 97 minute version of that film (a copy of which has been found) because they already had cleaned up copies of the films...

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2023, 06:59:33 PM »
Thanks for the information, MB.

Well, at least the MPI dvds of the original DS episodes include interviews and other dvd extras.

Although, it would have been cool to have had several of the surviving DS cast members provide commentaries on the making of those two DS films in beautiful Tarrytown, NY on the banks of the Hudson River many years ago.

Bob

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2023, 11:13:17 PM »
Bob, if you have a Blu-ray player, I would HIGHLY recommend that you get the Blu-ray edition. Absolutely a huge upgrade in quality from the VHS. (I can't vouch for the DVD, but since this is WB I am sure it is a high-quality DVD.)

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2023, 11:50:50 PM »
Bob, if you have a Blu-ray player, I would HIGHLY recommend that you get the Blu-ray edition. Absolutely a huge upgrade in quality from the VHS. (I can't vouch for the DVD, but since this is WB I am sure it is a high-quality DVD.)

KMR,

Thanks for the information on the Blu-Ray version of HODS. I imagine the scenes of Barnabas “imbibing” on Maggie, Carolyn, etc., must be spectacular. And, I can only imagine how Barnabas’s staking at the conclusion of the film must be absolutely graphic, gross and wonderful!  [nods] [easter_shocked]
[easter_wink]

Bob