Author Topic: hoDS screening in LA  (Read 66 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
hoDS screening in LA
« on: July 04, 2023, 11:57:53 PM »
Fans,

My friend Todd Macintosh who worked on BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER as one of the main makeup artists, and also worked on the 2004 DS pilot, is going to give a talk about Dick Smith's Old Barnabas makeup as part of this screening of a 35 mm print of hoDS in LA. The screening, a double feature in which the other movie will be the Eighties classic THE HUNGER, will happen Thursday, August 17, at 7:30 p.m. Link:

https://www.academymuseum.org/en/programs/detail/the-hunger-with-house-of-dark-shadows-018733b8-6c42-dd8e-1255-ece11fe95b69

Todd is an excellent speaker and I'm sure the evening will be fun and fascinating.  Earlier this year, Todd was presented with a Lifetime Achievement Award from IMATS, the International Make-up Artist Trade Show, honoring his more than 40 years of significant contribution to make-up artistry. Todd owns some primary source materials (or has seen some as well) and his talk will provide some really interesting details about Dick Smith's development of this iconic makeup.

Just wanted to let any fans who live in the LA area know that this is happening.

Gothick