Author Topic: One Needs To Be Very Careful When Buying On Ebay  (Read 87 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
One Needs To Be Very Careful When Buying On Ebay
« on: June 30, 2023, 07:16:24 PM »
Just for the fun of it I was glancing over DS movie posters on eBay just to see what sorts of prices people are charging (not that I would ever sell mine) and I came across a poster that's said to be the 3 Sheet A poster for NoDS, but it is not! It's very close to the design of that version, but it doesn't actually seem to be that design. Compare the photo of the 3 Sheet from the NoDS Pressbook and what's on eBay for yourself:

Click here for larger

As you can see, not only what's on eBay doesn't have the full artwork, but the placement of both the copy and the credits are off. And I have no idea where that eBay design came from because it doesn't completely resemble any of the official NoDS posters. I won't go so far as to say someone put it together themselves because there's no proof of that - but who knows?

Now, what is interesting is that if you click on the link to see a larger version of the poster on eBay, you'll see that clearly what's being sold is a 3 Sheet (with a 3 Sheet the top 2/3 come attached and the bottom 1/3 is separate and put together they measure 41" X 81"), so it is a 3 Sheet NoDS poster, but based on the NoDS Pressbook, it being THE 3 Sheet Poster is questionable at best. And because it is a 3 Sheet the seller may not even be aware that what they're selling would not appear to be the real thing.

So once again be very careful of what you buy on eBay - especially if you're going to be paying $200, which is what the seller is asking...