Author Topic: Tribute to Treat Williams from Rebecca Staab  (Read 91 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Tribute to Treat Williams from Rebecca Staab
« on: June 16, 2023, 01:48:32 AM »
Rebecca Staab mourns the loss of Treat Williams, her friend and costar in The Substitute #3:
https://twitter.com/rebeccastaab1/status/1668450962586107904?cxt=HHwWgIDU4fDTw6cuAAAA

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Tribute to Treat Williams from Rebecca Staab
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2023, 01:14:01 AM »
Back in the late '90's, I saw the Treat Williams' film Deep Rising in the theater.  In a nutshell, he plays a salvager who's tricked by pirates into taking them to a luxury cruise ship to rob it.  Upon arrival, they find it deserted until they stumble upon a few survivors (passengers, crew and pirates already on board), to discover that some ancient, prehistoric carnivorous worm monster rose from the depths and devoured virtually everyone on board and is still quite hungry.  It got bad reviews, and as far as I was concerned it was because the critics didn't take the film at face value for what it was:  a basic, fun, scary and at times deliberately very funny horror adventure movie. 

If any of you get a chance to see it, do so.  You'll like it if you appreciate it for what it is.  I've seen it aired on broadcast/cable TV a few times, and undoubtedly it has to be on some streaming thing.  Williams is great in it, as are the rest of the cast.  They knew how to enjoy it.

Gerard