Author Topic: Happy Easter To All/ot  (Read 221 times)

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Happy Easter To All/ot
« on: April 06, 2023, 07:40:16 PM »
Hi all, just wanted to say Happy Easter to my DS friends . God Bless .
Love , Anne  [Flowers Animated] [Lilies]
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Easter To All/ot
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 11:24:49 PM »
Anne,

I wonder if the Collins family will be having the traditional ham for Easter dinner? And, will Mrs. Johnson charbroil the ham to a virtual cinder?  [easter_huh] [easter_evil]

[Happy Easter Sign]

Bob

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2023, 07:08:27 AM »
HAPPY EASTER AND HAPPY PASSOVER TO ALL!!!!
 [Easter 6 Egg] [Basket]
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2023, 03:31:39 PM »
BtB, I strongly suspect Mrs. J. would make the traditional New England Boiled Dinner with a smoked picnic ham shoulder, cabbage, carrots, and potatoes. My mom would also add onions and white turnip. And one would serve the vegetables with butter and the ham with mustard. (And if one wanted to be extra decadent, one would also add corned beef brisket to the pot.  [easter_wink])

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2023, 08:29:09 PM »
MB,

I wonder if the late, “lamented” Jason McGuire would have thought anymore of Mrs. Johnson’s traditional Easter dinner than he thought of her trademark pot roast dinners?  [easter_huh] [easter_lipsrsealed] [easter_rolleyes] [Easter 7]

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2023, 10:01:16 PM »
Happy Easter All!

We're doing the traditional Wisconsin thing:  going to a "Supper Club" for a nineteen-dollar all-you-can-eat buffet with ham, beef tips, three kinds of chicken, deep-fried shrimp, all the sides, salad bar, desert bar and from the real bar an - what else? - Old Fashioned, the official Wisconsin supper club spirit.  A documentary about it was actually made and aired on PBS!

Gerard

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2023, 10:13:24 PM »
Hey, Gerard,

Does that Supper Club make out-of-state deliveries?  [easter_huh] [Bunny Animated]

Bob

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2023, 02:03:27 AM »
Well, Bob, maybe one of those duber-eats or grub-a-dub-hub (I'm not familiar with "apps") things just might do it!  But considering the mileage that would be involved, that tip might be a bit steep.

Oh, I forgot to add, there are also ribs at the buffet.

Gerard

[Chocolate Bunny]

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2023, 02:22:16 AM »
Oh, ribs, now you really have me wanting to partake of that epicurean feast at that supper club!  [Bunny & Egg]

During the opening of “The Sopranos” on HBO, you see Tony Soprano driving by a little hole-in-the-wall, called
Pizza Land. This tiny pizzeria is located on the Belleville Turnpike in beautiful North Arlington, NJ.

And, even though they never actually filmed a Sopranos scene in that pizzeria, the owners of Pizza Land get orders for their food from far off places like Australia and England. So, the owners pack up their pasta dishes in
boxes with dry ice and ship their food overseas at not inexpensive prices. Mangia!  [easter_cheesy]
[easter_shocked] [Bunny & Egg]

PS I wonder if the Collinsport Inn coffee shop served Easter dinner or at least a ham sandwich for the town’s lonely bachelors like the Eagle Hill Cemetery caretaker or Buzz Hackett?

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2023, 07:29:17 AM »
Hey Bob, Mrs Johnson might have a barbacue outdoors ? I don’t know if they had a really good
Gas grill or. Not. But she probably had to make all the salads like potato, or macaroni and
forgot about the ham and burned it. 🤣 [Bunny Hopping]
Anne 🤣🤣
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2023, 10:43:10 AM »
Anne,

That would have been really cool to have seen Mrs. Johnson preparing food on an outdoor barbecue, possibly by that water fountain where Barnabas and Julia would regularly meet to formulate their plans to thwart Cassandra and Nicholas. By the way, I could never figure out if that water fountain was located in the front of Collinwood or behind the great house?  [easter_huh] [easter_undecided]

Maybe Willie had an outdoor grill on the veranda of the Old House? On Saturday nights, Willie could cook up hamburgers, hot dogs and fried chicken for when Barnabas “awoke” at sundown. Of course, Willie, being the thoughtful servant/slave, that he was, would have driven over to the Blue Whale much earlier in the day to get a cold case of either Coors Beer or Michelob Light for Barnabas and him to down as they enjoyed all of that  delicious “bad” food on a pleasant Maine summer night. Talk about living la dolce vita (the sweet life)!  [Bunny Animated]  [Exercising]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2023, 05:50:40 PM »
I wonder if the late, “lamented” Jason McGuire would have thought anymore of Mrs. Johnson’s traditional Easter dinner than he thought of her trademark pot roast dinners?  [easter_huh] [easter_lipsrsealed] [easter_rolleyes] [Easter 7]

I wonder if, like the Collins' cook in 1795/96, Mrs., Johnson didn't cook with wine? That could have made a difference with her pot roast - one that Jason would have probably approved of.  [wink2]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2023, 05:58:21 PM »
Oh, ribs, now you really have me wanting to partake of that epicurean feast at that supper club!

Speaking of ribs, if one wants to be -

(And if one wanted to be extra decadent, one would also add corned beef brisket to the pot.  [easter_wink])

- super decadent, one would add a rack of pork ribs along with the New England Boiled Dinner's smoked picnic ham shoulder and corned beef brisket.  [10] [eat]

[Lilies] [Lilies] [Lilies]

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2023, 03:57:30 PM »
Happy Easter, Anne!