Author Topic: If you lived at Collinwood . . .  (Read 4898 times)

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
If you lived at Collinwood . . .
« on: April 20, 2002, 01:47:06 AM »
If you lived at Collinwood, which room would you live in?

Me - I'd take the Tower Room. How perfect would that be? The exterior shot of the Tower in yesterday's episode shows a fireplace chimney. Seems like a nice, cozy room. I might want to install an elevator, though.

Which room would you make your own?

Chris

Offline LizGrayson

• Dancing to the symphony in my mind....
    • View Profile
    • Jen's Eclectic Corner.....
Re: If you lived at Collinwood . . .
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2002, 02:22:16 AM »
I don't know.  I think of the rooms we saw in the show, I'd love to take over Roger's study.  What a great place to sit and write.  But if I could make up a room I'd design a music conservatory...certainly as large as Collinwood was they would have had a ballroom or something like it... :)
Always remember, you have the knowledge to do what's right and the power to right what's done.
(Bill Sisler, "Fields of Honor")

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2002, 02:25:12 AM »
I don't know.  I think of the rooms we saw in the show, I'd love to take over Roger's study.  What a great place to sit and write.  But if I could make up a room I'd design a music conservatory...certainly as large as Collinwood was they would have had a ballroom or something like it... :)

I'm not sure, but by the looks of it, there IS a ball room, though it never appeared in the show. But if you look closely at the back of Seaview Terrace, the section to the right of the Tower looks to be an immense ball room. There is another shot in the "Dark Shadows On Location" video that shows the actual interior of this room, after having been converted to a school. It does look like it was originally a ball room

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2002, 02:43:53 AM »
Can I go to the room of Harry Johnson? Wherever his room was, I would be there too!
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline tripwire

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2002, 03:06:31 AM »
preferably somewhere in the west wing...as far away as i could from the loons that inhabit the regular part of the house   ;D.   that room where they entered pt would be cool, have to dump the pic of angelique of course, put some portraits of famous racehorses up, have a keg on tap at all times, up to date computer with the whole table and drawers for it, wide screen tv with every cable channel available, so i could watch the daily ds programs  lol   yeah, thats the ticket 8)
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2002, 03:55:33 AM »
Harry Johnson, I believe got stuck on the first floor and I'm guessing that his bedroom was pretty spartan.

Most of the bedrooms left me cold, but if I had to choose from what we saw, I would take the one they gave Amy--would want a double bed though.  I'm thinking that it would need to lack a secret entrance of any kind and that I would need to outfit the windows with some garlic and crucifixes.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2002, 04:07:01 AM »
preferably somewhere in the west wing...as far away as i could from the loons that inhabit the regular part of the house

Hmm - Quentin's room is in the West Wing. He had a really nice suite of rooms, actually, with a sort of sitting room off the hall entrance and a bedroom beyond that which was eventually bricked up and sealed off.
that room where they entered pt would be cool, have to dump the pic of angelique of course, put some portraits of famous racehorses up, have a keg on tap at all times, up to date computer with the whole table and drawers for it, wide screen tv with every cable channel available, so i could watch the daily ds programs  lol   yeah, thats the ticket 8)

The East Wing Parallel time room??? Are you crazy?  :o You might be transported to some bizarro-world.

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2002, 04:11:36 AM »

Most of the bedrooms left me cold, but if I had to choose from what we saw, I would take the one they gave Amy--would want a double bed though.  I'm thinking that it would need to lack a secret entrance of any kind and that I would need to outfit the windows with some garlic and crucifixes.

Yes, Amy had one of the nicer rooms. However, in the beginning of the series (pre-Barnabas), Elizabeth had a perfectly enormous bedroom, befitting the matriarch of Collinwood. That room would be my second choice, after the Tower Room. ;)

Offline tripwire

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2002, 05:33:09 AM »
lol  yes chris, that is true, i am sure it wouldnt have the normal things in it, such as leviathans trying to seduce you into their cause, a werewolf that tends to shrink when he transforms, a black shadow that chases folks, a warlock who has been given a second chance, a once evil witch that has turned into a good witch, kids that seem to grow up at alarming rates and such.... ;)
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2002, 06:33:28 AM »
Well, I suppose I prefer the drawing room, but since you asked which room would you live in - that implies one's own room.  I didn't care for any of the bedrooms!

I'll go along with PT Angelique's room.  If it wasn't a time shifting room, just a regular room, it's certainly my favorite and the views of it, I think, are major contributors to my liking that story!!
Josette

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2002, 07:54:28 AM »
I'm not sure, but by the looks of it, there IS a ball room, though it never appeared in the show. But if you look closely at the back of Seaview Terrace, the section to the right of the Tower looks to be an immense ball room. There is another shot in the "Dark Shadows On Location" video that shows the actual interior of this room, after having been converted to a school. It does look like it was originally a ball room

Seaview/Carey Mansion does have a ballroom, but it's located on the far right side of the mansion, around the corner and behind the solarium; the solarium is the last row of windows you see on the right in the opening shots on the show.  An old magazine photo of how the ballroom looked in its heyday was on one of the old boards; I can post it if anyone is interested in seeing it.

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2002, 08:04:34 AM »
What about Vicki's room! !I'd take the cottage though myself!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2002, 08:16:22 AM »
I don't know why but the rooms at Collinwood, (especially the bedrooms) always appeared so cold to me, compared to the old house, which seemed to have a much warmer setting to them.  Having to choose one at Collinwood though, I'd say Carolyn's room then.
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Karen_#2

• Junior Poster
  • "WHOA CAMEL! WHOA!! When I say whoa, I mean WHOA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2002, 10:32:06 AM »
In a heartbeat, I'd want to take Barnabas' old room in The Old House. Great angle, window, and nice brick fireplace. Very cozy. (And preferably with Barnabas in it, but that wasn't the question   ;D   )

At Collinwood, I like David's room, perhaps because of the stained glass window, and the shape/angle of the room. Seemed like when the window was open, it overlooked the grounds toward the ocean.

Other than that, I could never really "warm up" to Collinwood's bedrooms either. Unless of course, Quentin was around with his brandy, a fireplace,  and  :-X........whoa, better stop here! LOL    :-*

Karen #2
"The Collins blood always had a rather....persistant strength"                       Barnabas to Elizabeth  1967

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2002, 02:03:03 PM »
I agree with Jenifer and like the caretaker's cottage.  But if you are limiting the selection to the Big House it would be the Library (if there is one) or the Study.

It is a good day because I am still ticking!