Author Topic: Kelly Hu joins cast of East New York  (Read 112 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Kelly Hu joins cast of East New York
« on: February 28, 2023, 06:50:38 PM »
Kelly Hu has been busy. In addition to joining the cast as a cop for season 2 of 50 Cent's BMF on Starz, she was recently added to East New York in a recurring role as an "influential political policy adviser". On Sunday night I just happened to catch one of her scenes opposite Jimmy Smit's character and noticed good chemistry between them, though not so much in this photo:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpCGUueMC7n/?hl=en

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
Re: Kelly Hu joins cast of East New York
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2023, 07:15:44 PM »
 I met Kelly Hu at a convention here in Orlando a few years ago. She was super nice - both at her Q &A and her table - but she had zero recollection of working on the Dark Shadows pilot.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2023, 07:29:47 PM »
That's too bad, patrick, that she didn't recall working on the pilot. But maybe that's not too surprising because isn't she only in something like two scenes? I do recall that some of Dr. Hoffman's scripted scenes were never even shot, mostly because by the time she was cast, which was late in the production, they had already moved on from shooting at Greystone...

And thanks for the heads up, Midnite.  [snow_smiley]

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2023, 07:48:52 PM »
Like you MB, I think it was probably a one day shoot for her (something like doing a commercial as an extra.) So I guess I can't blame her for not remembering anything. I was really hoping she might have a Dr. Hoffman photo to sign but nope. So I ended up asking her at the Q & A since I watched the show and saw her, how she liked working on the H50 reboot. She said she really liked it but they blew up her character and that was that.