Author Topic: Did Barnabas Hit the Mega Millions Lottery Last Night?  (Read 398 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Did Barnabas Hit the Mega Millions Lottery Last Night?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2023, 07:18:08 PM »
Do you remember when Mr. Jarrett (sp?), that local Collinsport mortician, came to Collinwood to speak with
Mrs. Stoddard and Barnabas about a supposed recent death at Collinwood

That scene was with Mrs. Johnson and Barnabas - Mrs. Stoddard was the one who was supposedly dead.  [snow_wink]  But hey, with so many mistaken deaths at Collinwood, it's so easy to get the deceaseds confused!!  [snow_laugh]

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2023, 10:32:18 PM »
Do you remember when Mr. Jarrett (sp?), that local Collinsport mortician, came to Collinwood to speak with
Mrs. Stoddard and Barnabas about a supposed recent death at Collinwood

That scene was with Mrs. Johnson and Barnabas - Mrs. Stoddard was the one who was supposedly dead.  [snow_wink]  But hey, with so many mistaken deaths at Collinwood, it's so easy to get the deceaseds confused!!  [snow_laugh]

Oops! I thought it was Joan Bennett who was amused by Mr. Jarrett’s slip-up. Yes, now I do recall that it was the great Clarice Blackburn in that scene with Jonathan  Frid and the Collinsport undertaker. Sadly, Mr. Jarrett
never made a second appearance on the show. At least,  he appeared to be a decent man, not a self-righteous, stick-in-the-mud like Collinsport’s earlier mortician, Lamar Trask.

I wonder if Mr. Jarrett, along with the Eagle Hill Cemetery Caretaker, was an avid viewer of “Six Feet Under”? No doubt, Vito Corleone would have called Mr. Jarrett and Lamar Trask the same thing he called Amerigo 
Bonasera: a “corpse valet.”  [snow_smileydevil] [snow_ghost]

And, Anne

I think that Professor Stokes DID tutor Adam on reading and writing. The thing that was so remarkable was
that Adam started out reading the “Dick and Jane” books, we all read as young kids in kindergarten, but within
 two weeks, the big guy was reading “”The Complete Works of William Shakespeare.”

Of course, Adam had another tutor, the suave and urbane Nicholas Blair. Unfortunately, the things Nicholas
taught Adam to do, were how to lie, cheat, steal bully, threaten, etc.

One of the great, unanswered questions on DS, as to what DID happen to Adam after Professor Stokes sent
Adam to some private clinic (not Windcliff) to get some plastic surgery done? Alas, we never did find out.  [snow_huh]

[snow_angry]

Bob

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2023, 11:47:18 PM »
Hi Bob you think dr Eric Lang did the plastic surgery on Adam? And Willie  he was at Wind cliff
As well. I think as a cleaning guy ?  I forgot .
Oh by the way I think u should be a writer Bob you are good.
👍. Anne
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2023, 04:42:50 AM »
Hi Bob you think dr Eric Lang did the plastic surgery on Adam? And Willie  he was at Wind cliff
As well. I think as a cleaning guy ?  I forgot .
Oh by the way I think u should be a writer Bob you are good.
👍. Anne

Anne,

Unfortunately, the good Dr. Lang was taking a permanent “dirt nap” by the time Adam showed up. Too bad. I, for one, enjoyed the great comedic rapport of Dr. Lang and his spirited young lab assistant, Jeff  Clark. I tabbed them, Lang & Clark, Collinsport’s comedy team “answer” to Cheech & Chong!  [snow_shocked] [snow_cheesy]

Yes, after Julia and Willie thought that Barnabas was dead and would ris as a vampire again, they made plans to take off for Windcliff, where Julia would give Willie a job as a gardner (like Peter Sellers in “Being There”), with the chance for Willie to move up in the hospital.

I hope you don’t get hit with a lot of snow tonight in your part of New York. I think we”re mainly going to get a lot of rain, set for coastal New Jersey.

Bob