Author Topic: A Book For Angelique!  (Read 186 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
A Book For Angelique!
« on: January 03, 2023, 08:27:21 PM »
Hey, gang,

I found out today that Bill O’Reilly’s next and final book in his superb “Killing” series will be “Killing the Witches,” covering the Salem witch trials of 1692 to 1693. Sadly, 20 people were hanged for allegedly practicing the “devil’s magic” in Massachusetts.

No doubt, Angelique/Cassandra will be there bright and early at the local Collinsport Barnes & Noble, when the book goes on sale, appropriately enough, on this upcoming Halloween Day.

Having read a number of Mr. O’Reilly’s past books, I especially look forward to reading his take on this sorry chapter in early American history.

Bob

PS Maybe “Battling” Bill O’Reilly will cite both Judah Zachery and the beautiful apostate, Miranda Duval in his book?  [nods]  [funnygif]

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: A Book For Angelique!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 11:28:24 PM »
Hey Bob that’s interesting, I hope Judah zachery has his head on straight .
Sorry that was bad 🤣🤣
Anne
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2023, 12:06:40 AM »
That’s an excellent point, Anne. Old Judah was the only DS character who actually suffered the “Anne Boleyn treatment.”

Come to think of it, just imagine how much trouble would have been avoided if numbskull Desmond Collins had NOT brought back Judah Zachery’s severed noggin from Asia to Collinwood as a “somewhat” unique gift for his cousin, Quentin?  [christmas-carols]

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2023, 12:47:06 AM »
Hi Bob , that’s a excellent point too well done. I often wondered how Judah talked without the rest of his body ?
I’m surprised that Dr Eric Lang didn’t put the brainless idiot back together.Unless he forgot to make an appointment.
😂🤣🤣 Anne
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2023, 03:10:08 AM »
Anne,

Judah must have been absolutely delighted with Charles Dawson’s selection of Gerard Stiles (a/k/a “Ivan Miller”) as a “host body” for him.

I mean, Judah went from being an ancient, not particularly good-looking and decidedly chrome-domed warlock to a twenty-something, handsome and full-head-of-hair man. Who wouldn’t be happy with that amazing physical transformation?   [santa_shocked]  [santa_thumb]

As to the legendary Dr. Eric Lang, what can I possibly say? The good Dr. Lang is like Dark Shadows’ equivalent of Dr. Jonas Salk, Dr. Christiaan Barnard and Dr. Vinnie Boombotz (the late, great Rodney Dangerfield’s personal physician) ALL rolled into one!

Bob

PS I’m delighted to see you posting here. Lately, it’s seems as if most (if not all) of our DS cousins have retired permanently to Leisure Village down in Broward County, Florida.  [4167]

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2023, 02:04:58 PM »
Perhaps Bill O’Reilly and Martin Dugard, Bill O’Reilly’s longtime writing colleague, “borrowed” some ideas from Lara Parker’s excellent DS novel, “The Salem Branch,” for their own book on the infamous Salem witch trials?  [snow_huh] [nods]

PS However, I don’t think Vicky Winters would care to read “Killing the Witches” for the obvious reasons.  [snow_shocked] [snow_smileydevil]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2023, 04:52:42 PM »
I do believe you're right BtB that O'Reilly's book wouldn't be high on Vicki's reading list.  [ghost_nowink]  Or even 1840's Quentin if he used his staircase through time to pick up some reading material from the future.  [ghost_wink]

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2023, 12:34:35 PM »
I do believe you're right BtB that O'Reilly's book wouldn't be high on Vicki's reading list.  [ghost_nowink]  Or even 1840's Quentin if he used his staircase through time to pick up some reading material from the future.  [ghost_wink]

Yes, I don’t know if Quentin I would have enjoyed “Killing the Witches” or not. I wonder how the original Rev. Trask and his faithful admirer Abigail Collins would have reacted to the Bill O’Reilly book?

Speaking of the unfailingly morally righteous Abigail Collins,  she must have had tunnel vision when it came to
moral rectitude; she was always indefatigable in battling the presence of devil worship or Satanism in
Collinsport, but she seemed to be totally unaware or even concerned about the immoral activity going on every
 night in the taverns and inns along the Collinsport docks. I guess Abigail never ventured into that undesirable
part of town, where the seemingly numerous “working girls” plied their trade.

You know, prostitution seemed to be quite a profitable trade in Collinsport during 1797, 1840 and even in 1897.
(No doubt, the “righteous” Rev. Gregory Trask endeavored to “reform” all of those sinning “working girls”i in 1897.) Thankfully, Collinsport’s “red light district” seemed to have completely disappeared by 1966.

No doubt, Abigail and all of the Trasks would have been overjoyed to learn that Collinsport was now as chaste
as Vatican City.  [snow_cheesy] [snow_smileydevil] [snow_bigglass]