Author Topic: O.T. - Favorite Christmas Ghost Stories (or DS Episode)?  (Read 109 times)

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
O.T. - Favorite Christmas Ghost Stories (or DS Episode)?
« on: December 25, 2022, 12:51:33 PM »
Does anyone have any favorite ghost stories they like to read during the Holidays?

Though reading ghost stories at Christmas is an English and not an American tradition, it's one that DS friends can appreciate!

For some reason, I just recalled today an excellent short story, published in book form in the 1970s, that I still have in my bedroom bookcase. It's a suspenseful and ultimately inspiring tale that reads like a "true life" ghost story by suspense thriller author Frederick Forsythe, called "The Shepherd." It's about a Royal Air Force (British, of course) pilot flying home solo in his small plane from Germany to England on Christmas Eve who becomes lost in bad weather, set in the late 1950s, I believe. Copies are not easy to find and tend to be expensive, so I'm glad I still have my original hardcover.

Alternatively, are there any original DS episodes that anyone thinks are especially enjoyable at Christmas? Too bad they never did much of anything with a Christmas theme on the show, though.

[4314]
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995